Santa fe.cost to change from auto to manual

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Had a conversation at work this morning about the cost of changing a Santa fe from auto to a manual.
None of us had any idea and a google search didnt throw anything up.
Any ideas?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Had a conversation at work this morning about the cost of changing a Santa fe from auto to a manual.
Any ideas?

Are you talking new or used? You could use Autotrader or Parkers which would give you a price for yours based on a private sale, trade in. Then look at the sales websites for prices of the car you are looking at and start. When pricing cars using Autotrader or Parkers it is sometimes worth paying for a more targeted price based on you giving more information about the car.

The car web brokers sites will give prices for new cars with discounts being applied (if any). Also Honest John gives information on current prices for brand new and pre reg. I bought pre reg and saved a quite a bit over the best brand new deal.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Its a "17" reg and hes had it about 20 months.
There isnt a mark on it.
2 Hyundai stamps in book.
29k.
Perfect colour for him(sort of metalic grey).
Not a mark on it and seems he wants to keep it rather than part exchange.
He doesnt want to go older but then again,doesnt want to add money in a part exchange.
Swings and roundabouts I reckon.
I would have thought the labour charges would be quite high to convert it.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Ade, Anything is possible. I imagine he could source all the parts through the car breakers network. However the number of extra ancillary parts required eg different ecu, gear levers solenoids cutch / brake pedal box removal and auto brake replacement etc etc In reality it is not a financially viable option imo. Also not all crankshafts are the same ends on manuals and autos.
PX for an auto

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes.....I think with the cost of converting it,he may just as well spend that money on a manual.
I suppose we all "fall in love"with our particular cars,especially if we "know"the car but it sounds like the work involved is going to be to be little more than he expected.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Its a "17" reg and hes had it about 20 months.
There isnt a mark on it.
2 Hyundai stamps in book.
29k.
Perfect colour for him(sort of metalic grey).
Not a mark on it and seems he wants to keep it rather than part exchange.
He doesnt want to go older but then again,doesnt want to add money in a part exchange.
Swings and roundabouts I reckon.
I would have thought the labour charges would be quite high to convert it.
I think that the issue may be with the DVLA as the registration will have to be changed also may have to be re-certified. A bigger hassle would be trying to insure it as no longer standard.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I don't think he will find it easy, there is bound to be a cost to pay,but I would bite the bullet and trade his car against the one he wants,I have just looked at a quote to trade our 2013 Santa Fe agianst a 2019 Kia Sorrento,both are manual,the KIa has tha advantage for me of a manual handbrake,but despite the dealers best efforts we are still a long way apart,but with both Kia and Hyundai due to bring out new versions of both,I am happy to sit tight for now,and see how prices go.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
The price difference on a brand new 2014 Santa fe, Manual and auto was £1847. I think the conversion would be in the region of plus £3 k interior panels Electrics ecu etc, not worth it .

Reactions: JezzerB
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Any ideas?
Apologies for my reply but never in my wildest dreams did I even think anyone would try and convert from auto to manual for what is a pretty standard type of car. I thought he was looking for the normal understanding of “ cost to change” from one car to another.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Apologies for my reply but never in my wildest dreams did I even think anyone would try and convert from auto to manual for what is a pretty standard type of car. I thought he was looking for the normal understanding of “ cost to change” from one car to another.

That was my understanding too.

Without putting extra money in, an older or lower specification model will need to be bought.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts