Santander site

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi All
We are travelling out to Spain via Santander on 1/2 May with our caravan and dog. As the ferry is not due into Santander until 1800hrs, I would like to book a site for that night to be safe and certain. (We do not normally pre-book sites when abroad.).
The Camping Cheque guide shows a possible site at Santillana del Mar, which is about 30 km west of Santander. Has anyone stayed at that site and have any comments? And/or does anyone have any other recommendations?
Thanks for your help.
Cheers
Paul

Mar 21, 2007
sites.google.com
I dont have a site to recomend other than to say Santillana seems a bit out of the way if you only want a night halt, I dont book sites ever but you may be wise as that is a holiday weekend and the Spanish are as keen as everyone else to get away.

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
Have a look at Camping Playa del Regaton, Laredo. Mentioned in both Caravan Club, Caravan Europe and Alan Rogers, Spain and Portugal ( 2009 editions ) www.campingplayaregaton.com If you have either book follow directions given. On the way out next morning TomTom took me on a raaaaather bendy route before getting to a main road. Interesting but no fun.

Dec 12, 2007
Visit site
smiley-cry.gif

I have just checked this site out and if your dog is over 12kg they wont take it Paul suggest you try ACSI site for more choice

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
The weight restriction brings up visions of dogs being weighed and measured at reception rather like cabin baggage at airport check in desks. Pity really. Being next to the sea would be ideal.

TRENDING THREADS