Sargent 310 Stinger - not too scary!

Sep 2, 2023
Visit site
So the clue is in the title! I have the above system installed in my 2019 Swift Challenger 480 Hi-Style which I am delighted to say works perfectly except for one thing. The siren when tested sounds like a pussy cat as opposed to a roaring lion! Its quite tame and certainly wouldn't worry an intruder.
My van is in storage in a CaSSOA gold site and staff on premises didn't bat an eye lid when I set it off. It is audible but is hardly alarming!!
I have spoken to the Sargent Tech Dept who have confimred that the siren volume is not adjustable but the bleeper has 7 volume settings......Great!
So does yours scare the living daylights out of you, or do you say to your partner, "Can you hear something dear?"

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
My Sargent 310 stinger alarm level is adjustable from the fob unit but if the Alarm battery is needing replacement then the alarm will NOT adjust.

Reactions: Banus
Sep 2, 2023
Visit site
Thanks for that. As mentioned above (#1), Sargent Technical Dept have stated that the alarm siren volume is NOT adjustable, only the bleep setting tone. Why that has to have 7 different levels beats me!
I really have lost confidence in these so called 'Technical experts' as it seems that if you speak to three different people in the same dept you get three different answers! I'm going to the NEC show in Oct so if Sargent are there I'll speak to a Technical expert!

Sep 2, 2023
Visit site
Many thanks for the link and I’m hopeful that this will resolve the issue that many others also appear to have. I’ll take a look and will report back in due course.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts