sat nav tom tom 910

Feb 4, 2007
Visit site
Sorry Nigel the Tomtom 910 does not have anything like that. Having said that we find the timing is almost spot on unless there are roadworks or other delays.

Colin.

May 31, 2007
Visit site
Choose the 'Limited Speed' option, and set it to about 55mph, almost spot an every time.

NOTE, you may need to enable the option where it asks you what type of route you want (Fastest, Shortest, Limited Speed, etc)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Nigel,

I make the assumption that you are asking about these features of Sat-Nav's to ascertain their ability to keep you to suitable roads for towing.

Sadly I am not aware of any Sat-Nav system available at the moment that uses the different vehicle settings (i.e. Car, HGV, Bike, etc) to select roads that are suitable for the type of transport chosen.

Most systems simply use the selection to adjust journey times. That is why we continue to hear of coaches and HGV's stuck in narrow lanes.

The systems do usually use the shortest/fastest settings to make adjustments to the route, but it still does not take into how suitable the route is for the type of vehicle chosen. It is generally the case that if you choose the fastest option, it will tend to keep you to major roads rather than side or minor roads.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts