Satisfied customer (rare these days!)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Thought I would share this with you.
Just over two and a half years ago we bought a Protec front towing cover for our caravan. Just back from our last trip of 2000 miles, we noticed three small tears in the cover, one around a strap and the other two where it goes over the A-frame. We contacted Protec regarding repairs and reinforcing and they said to send photos of the tears. Which we did. We got email back saying yes it can be done and they will arrange pick up, repair and return delivery for the cost of £40., only stipulation was that it had to be clean (which we did). We mentioned we must have it back within two weeks as we would be going away again. It was picked up next day. Well within the two weeks we got a message to say it would be returned today. It arrived and on unpacking it we were surprised to find a complete brand new cover with side fixing panels, They had even removed a canal badge from our old one and stitched it in the same place on the new one. Now that's what I call customer service. It is a pity there is not a lot more companies with this sort of customer service. (I am only a customer to this company, nothing else). Well done Protec.

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site
Hi Rosie , that does sound like very good customer service . I know that We read many stories about bad service , wether its manufacturers or dealers , but it's lovely to here something positive and maybe We should all try to post on the times where We are pleased with a product We buy or good customer service, just a thought .
Paul

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi Rosie, we had a similar experience with Protec, after our first trip using the cover we noticed a problem where it goes round the A frame, same as you they collected within a couple of days and returned within a week all repaired.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Nice to hear of good service. I am not sure that it is as rare as people think. The ones with complaints are the ones we here from most because people who are upset tend to want others to know. Those who are happy are less inclined to shout about it.
A rep for Everest reckoned if you did ten bad jobs you get ten people shouting but ten good jobs gets only one person praising them.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Sadly we have had the opposite experience with Protec having bought a full tailor made cover it didn't fit properly the then MD Mr Procter arranged an inspection and it was decided a new cover would be supplied however it seems Mr Procter is no longer involved and the replacement cover is worse but despite photos etc the new chap refuses to do anything about it. The Caravan Club legal dept advised taking legal action but to do so would require an independent report, with really only one other maker that wouldn't be possible.

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
I have a Pro-tec tow cover which I have been quite happy with. It was made for the van which took a couple of weeks, which I only discovered when I rang them asking where it was, but can't fault the service. They did say if there were any problems to contact them ...... thankfully I have not had any. :cheer:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts