Sattelite

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
But what do you do with the cable if the battery box is on the otherside of the caravan to where your tv cable inlets are located and where the tv sits?
[/QUOTE]

Run it round inside the caravan by some means - a satellite box will drive 25m of cable without problem.

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
But what do you do with the cable if the battery box is on the otherside of the caravan to where your tv cable inlets are located and where the tv sits?

Run it round inside the caravan by some means - a satellite box will drive 25m of cable without problem.
[/QUOTE]
So it might have to run infront of the door! Or even behind the fridge and oven? When a 4 foot piece of cable dropping down from the tv sockets in the wall would do, what you have to remember is that not everyone are Diy experts, thats probably why you did it for a couple of friends! Why could'nt they not do it.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Steady on. Woodentop is only trying to help you.
with all due respect your last comment makes me think you may need to get someone to help here. DIY is fine but if you are struggling, as you seem to indicate, then perhaps it’s time to ask a mobile engineer to help. Running a co ax or Sky + dual core cable around a caravan , even by the door is not particularly insurmountable.

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi Dusty
Its not me that needs the help! Its the OP Robbin it is him that is asking the best way to do it, i had a 2008 Bailey and it was conected the way your caravan is, this was done by a main dealer, do you not think with all there experience they would know the best way of doing it. By the way i am fairly reasonable at Diy, i have done many tasks on my home and any caravan i have owned, the only time i need a caravan engineer is when my caravan needs servicing.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Dusty
Its not me that needs the help! Its the OP Robbin it is him that is asking the best way to do it, i had a 2008 Bailey and it was conected the way your caravan is, this was done by a main dealer, do you not think with all there experience they would know the best way of doing it. By the way i am fairly reasonable at Diy, i have done many tasks on my home and any caravan i have owned, the only time i need a caravan engineer is when my caravan needs servicing.
In which case, why are you criticising a post in which someone is trying to help the O.P?
If the O.P. Intends to do the job himself it's up to him to find the best route for his cable, or he can pay for a professional installation if he's not competent or confident.

Reactions: Buckman

TRENDING THREADS