Scarborough and whitby

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
f.a.o. Mark

No problem and no offence taken mate

(I've been away over the weekend and have only just seen your earlier post)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi can you tell me abit more about the c l site sunset strip how do i find it on the net is there fishing on site thankyou jane
Went to look at this at the weekend. Lovely looking site, down a single track road with passing places. Will definitely put on the list of one to visit. Need to be a member of the CC to get the details, as it will be members only. Listed under Scarborough (Cayton Bay) in the handbook.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
for my sins i really prefer staying at Flamborough.There are a few sites within easy walking distance of the village ctr where you can enjoy a very nice pint or two, fantastic chish and fips and its quiet.

The North Star Hotel does the best Hot Chocolate anywhere.
We stay at Flamborough - on a CC CL near the lighthouse. Is really nice, no electrics, but great for a weekend, especially if you walk around the cliff top to North or South Landing.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Hi Durham John - We love going to Jacobs Mount as it's a lovely level site with fully serviced pitches. The owners are really helpfull and the on-site pub serves really tasty meals at night. Only wish they would do breakfast as well as the 'shop' in reception only stocks the barest of basics. This hasn't stopped us going twice last season and we'll go again this year. It's only 10 mins drive into town and the seafront but what we like most about this site is the peace and quiet it offers - if this is what you want then do try it - if you prefer busy sites with lots of arcades etc then it won't be for you.

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi Durham John - We love going to Jacobs Mount as it's a lovely level site with fully serviced pitches. The owners are really helpfull and the on-site pub serves really tasty meals at night. Only wish they would do breakfast as well as the 'shop' in reception only stocks the barest of basics. This hasn't stopped us going twice last season and we'll go again this year. It's only 10 mins drive into town and the seafront but what we like most about this site is the peace and quiet it offers - if this is what you want then do try it - if you prefer busy sites with lots of arcades etc then it won't be for you.
Thanks Rob, we have actually booked jacobs mount, mainly because ogf the location.

It seems to tick all boxes,all we need is a little playground and maybe a shop selling sweets.

It's always a gamble booking somewhere new as the photo's can be deceiving on the web as we have found out in the past.

John

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
Hello Jane,

We have stayed on Sunset Strip for the last 6yrs we usually spend a month there and believe me when I say how lovely it is, its gorgeous little pond in the middle with caravan spread around the outskirts unfortunately the owner Harry past over this year but his daughter in law Laura is now running the site, not been this year due to us having a seasonal pitch for this year but it will still be nice you can bet on that. It was

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts