Scotchguard or Caravan Cover

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
If you have used either of these, which one and why?

We are not sure which one, if any to use.
The cover we are looking at is the Pro-tec
Price wise they are both around the £400 mark

Les

Apr 16, 2008
Visit site
Protec cover without a doubt. We have used them on two different caravans and each spring the vans have been as clean as when they were put away. Need two people and a couple of broom handles to cover and uncover but well worth the effort.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
We have a much cheaper caravan cover, bought from Ebay and still available on there. We've had it three years, and it's absolutely great, with no tears, rips, or strap failures. It doesn't scratch the van, and is easy on and easy off - being zipped at the corners makes it easy. One person can take it off, but it takes two of us to put it back on. The van is immaculate when uncovered - and it's a lovely feeling seeing a shiny van with no black streaks, dust or dirt anywhere!

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
I was under the impression that a caravan was built to withstand all the elements. I have read a number of posts where people have found that the caravan was marked after using a cover even from a reputable company. There are many caravan covers lying in garages or lofts where the people used them once and then never bothered again. A front cover for towing is a far better purchase.

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for not getting back before, I have had a lot on with the Grandchildren especially onte of them as her Dad has had a big operation.
Thanks to everyone for their replies, It looks as though at the moment we will give it a good clean and use the overwintering for this year and see how it is at the beginning of next year then decide from there.

Les

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts