Feb 11, 2007
Visit site
If you had asked me some time ago if i had been to Scotland i would have answered "umpteen times". Well, have just come back from a differant holiday renting a cottage at Culkein Drumbeg using our car solo.From the Summer Isles up to Drumbeg we thought it to be the most scenic part of Scotland we have been to_Our first day/evening got off to seeing Stags grazing close by and seals of which were enormous in size plus birds of prey.As this place is remote i should guess that about only 20 vehicles came by then reversed and went in a fortnight as it is a dead end to the sea and our place was only 20 foot or so from the water . the only damper as far as i was concerned was the sea fishing, the seals had this place sown up for fish, only crabs were there.Never the less it was apart from the rain and wind one of the most memorable holidays we have been on bearing in mind we have done Germany/Holland/ Brittany in the last 12 months.

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
We stayed at Culkein many years ago before we had a caravan. We were right on the waters edge, but had some problems as we got locked out of our wooden chalet(faulty lock) and the weather was horrendous except for the very last day when the sun came out and the area was so beautiful!! We've never been back but it's on our list of places to go.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts