seadown holiday park, charmouth, dorset

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi everyone and thanks before hand.

has anybody been to seadown holiday park doreset?
if so what are the pitch sizes like?.
whats in the area?.
what are the facilities like?.

thanks

jo

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
walked past it a few times. There is often a market in an adjoining field. ( Charmouth caravans is opposite- lots of lovely caravan accesseries ) .If it gets busy , it can take a while to drive in / out of charmouth. Also , theres not a lot in Charmouth, once you have been fossil hunting.... thats it.

Try Wood Farm on the outskirts. Its a hilly site but level-ish pitches. Very safe for the kids , we could let out 4 ear old take himeself to the play area with out worrying about cars )Nice bar/ bistro but it closes at 8.0pm and a clean indoor heated pool. Its very easy to get to Lyme Regis from Wood farm( where we spent ost of our time).

It is next door to dead peoples field ( as my youngest called the nearby cemetary)

Car parking in Charmough is expensive. They are Long stay only , apart from a very small council car park .

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Seadown has an enviable position being a two minute walk across a field to the beach. It is primarily a static caravan site but has quite a substantial touring section and is well spaced and very attractive.
Since you are a dog (only joking, but from your pic I assume you have a dog!) you probably love walking - and there is no better place than here for that. The coastal/cliff walks are some of the best in the country. If you wanted, or are up to it, you could leave your car on site and walk as far as West Bay and further towards Chesil Beach.
Charmouth high street itself doesn't seem to have fared well since the by-pass was built. OK, less traffic but no passing trade and businesses seem to have suffered. A couple of pubs there for eating out and enjoying a drink.
Bridport is a market town and Lyme Regis is worth a visit.
If you haven't already done so, you can get a good flavour of the site from their website.
Pitches probably not the cheapest - few in Dorset are.
Me? I go back regularly for all those beautiful coastal walks. The colours are amazing - green clifftops, yellow gorse, blue sea, white wave tops and blue skies. Magic.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This is a nice site.
Not much there but the facilities are good and it has a small shop. Yes, it has a lot of statics but they are seperate and it doesn't spoil the feel of the place. The market mentioned is not in an adjoining field it's a short walk away and worth a visit, I believe its every Monday and they have some good stuff there. There's are nice pubs in the village for food if you wish. As stated, if you want to leave your car on site you can walk to the beach and along the coastal path. We had to stay on the beach to walk to Lyme Regis because the path had collapsed. If you do this make sure the tide is out when you do it as it can be a bit daunting at the Lyme Regis end with climbing over walls. I'd go back here any time because of where it is and the fact that you can leave your car and do a bit of walking. Think of what you save in parking fees.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts