Sealing round alarm siren and Rich Mover cabling?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We collected our new van last week. The dealer had fitted an alarm and Rich Mover. The former has a siren through the floor. From the underside you can see there is a gap round this and the floor, you can see the insulation. I can't see why there shouldn't be a sealant filling the gap between siren and floor. Will doing this affect the sound? (Have tried contacting the alarm supplier but no joy).

The Rich mover fitting is a mess, the instructions say to keep the cables separate but they are taped together and all come out through one hole. The hole looks as if some one used a cold chisel to create it with a lot of ply splintered off. This is open and clearly must be sealed (as instructions said should have been done). I have three queries, the wood needs treating (its got some black paint over it where they didn't do any thing) what do you use for this? The caravan is a German one using black sealant, again what should be used? The last question concerns the controller box, this is perched at the end of the cables and not secured to any thing. It is near to the battery box, I was thinking of using the strong Velcro to attach it to the box, will that do it?

Before some one says about taking it back the dealer is a long way off and I wouldn't trust them to do it!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well we have done the work now. It took most of a day. The original work was much worse than it looked. There was an abortive hole down to the axel where they hadn't worked out properly where to put the mover cable hole. There had been no effort to make good this mess up! The hole with the cables had a blob of mastic around the cables which didn't even fill the hole! Some wiring had been run behind panels resulting in only one or two screws actually holding which will have to be fixed another time.

The alarm was also badly installed and an awning light not connected, the internal detector was mounted so the sensitivity adjustment was stuck onto a surface and inaccessible and had a connexion made that shouldn't have been causing it to be faulty and going off with increasing frequency. The installers (didn't reply to a massage left) and dealers were of no help at all but the manufactures, Sol, and Phantom were extremely helpful in dealing with it.

To date I have had no apology, let alone an offer of a refund, from the dealers on the appalling job and most queries/communications have been ignored.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
John, I had mine fitted by a man and wife team who are registered and trained by Reich. They actually travelled from the South of England to my storage facility in Durham (300 plus miles) and fitted it there. All this and still cheaper than local dealers, and the workmanship was first class. Dont know if i am allowed to say who they are on here.

Jimbo

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts