Seasonal pitch set up advice....

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to canvas all you seasoned caravanners for some advice/help/tips etc regarding setting up on a seasonal pitch.

My wife and I are hoping to get a seasonal pitch next year and are starting to try and work out what the first thing is advised to do once the obvious things like the caravan awning being put up, all power / water connected, locks on the van etc...

We've looked around at other peoples set ups and seen the lengths people have gone to with decking, tie downs, decorations etc...

Any advice, tips etc would be greatly received. What did you do?

Jon

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jon

Make sure your insurers know.
Buy the best awnings pegs and storm straps.
Use as much security as you can and no less than what your insuers require.
Aldi are selling excellent awning floor panels.
Good luck.

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Ho Jon,
Not experienced myself but in reply to security, is it an option to take the wheels off and jack it up on blocks or something, would make it a lot less appealing for any thief.
Tom.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
underitall said:
Ho Jon,
Not experienced myself but in reply to security, is it an option to take the wheels off and jack it up on blocks or something, would make it a lot less appealing for any thief.
Tom.

Many site owners will not allow this in case the unit needs to be moved quickly. Also as you are using a the unit, not a good idea. However for the OP can I suggest the following. Forget decking as at the end of the season you need to store it somewhere. Get a sheet of thick plastic that would easily cover the surface area of the awning floor. Get a non breathable groundsheet and the floor tiles from ALDI as suggested and lastly some lino.
Lay the groundsheet down first, then the thick plastic with the edges curled up. This will prevent water coming into the awninbg. Place the lino on top of this. You now have air trapped in the layers which then helps to keep the floor at an even temperature. We had a small cane lounge suite in our awning which coudl be dismantled at the end of the season. Getting your floor right is important.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts