Seasonal Pitch Tourer

Oct 25, 2017
Visit site
I've Googled the heck out of the above phrase but all i get is Seasonal Pitches nothing which describes exactly what entails a touring caravan to be "seasonal"

Does a caravan have anything extra for it to be deemed seasonal or can any caravan fit the bill???

That said I've only seen one Dealer use the phrase thus far

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Generally speaking, any touring caravan can be used on a seasonal pitch, the term simply refers to a caravan pitch that is booked for a long term stay, often March - October but sometimes for a couple of months.
The tourer becomes a sort of home from home, with no need to tow or to set up apart from plugging in the electric hook up lead and filling the Aquaroll.
Bailey make larger touring caravans that are designed with seasonal pitches in mind, the Retreat range would make a very comfortable seasonal tourer because of their size, but any touring caravan, no matter how big or small, new or old, can be a 'seasonal tourer'.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi. We have our caravan on a seasonal pitch. The ‘van is a bog standard tourer (a bailey Valencia). There are no adaptations to it and we could tow and tour with it tomorrow should we so choose. As Parksy says, the pitch is seasonal in that we park it there in March and don’t move it until October. We can leave an awning up for parts of the year and we come and go as we please. No more packing up by 11:00 am on a Sunday. It isn’t the cheapest way of doing caravanning, but it currently works for us.
As already stated you can get some very large vans specifically designed for seasonal use, but we are happy with our van.
Hope this helps
Mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts