Seaview CC Berwick-upon-tweed

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi all, just booked the above site for a week in early September, any reports good or bad? things to see and do? nearest shops? almost forgot, nearest pubs & eating houses.

Thanks in anticipation

Allan & Gill.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

Went to Seaview last year, it is a love thy neighbor site in my opinion. Some of the pitches had good views out to sea and others overlooked the nearby housing estate.

Although we had booked a awning pitch it was no where near big enough to accommodate a full size awing and in fact while we were there the wardens were measuring out the distance between vans as they did not meet the regulations and said they were going to reduce the number of pitches.

We found the area a bit run down and did all our shopping in Berwick-upon-Tweed. Not busting a gut to return to Seaview.

Regards

Nidge

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

Went to Seaview last year, it is a love thy neighbor site in my opinion. Some of the pitches had good views out to sea and others overlooked the nearby housing estate.

Although we had booked a awning pitch it was no where near big enough to accommodate a full size awing and in fact while we were there the wardens were measuring out the distance between vans as they did not meet the regulations and said they were going to reduce the number of pitches.

We found the area a bit run down and did all our shopping in Berwick-upon-Tweed. Not busting a gut to return to Seaview.

Regards

Nidge
Thanks for that Nidge, a change of venue might be called for.

A&G

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I've got to agree with Nidge. If you go out of the site turning right towards the beach the area is a bit run down. I recall seeing a pub but did'nt use it. The site backs on to the East Coast mainline from Kings Cross to Edinburgh although I never found the noise annoying. The site is o.k. for a base for touring the area though if you want to see Alnwick and Bamburgh castles or Holy Island. We were there in May 2006 and I never found the wardens very happy, perhaps the area had that affect on them.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I've got to agree with Nidge. If you go out of the site turning right towards the beach the area is a bit run down. I recall seeing a pub but did'nt use it. The site backs on to the East Coast mainline from Kings Cross to Edinburgh although I never found the noise annoying. The site is o.k. for a base for touring the area though if you want to see Alnwick and Bamburgh castles or Holy Island. We were there in May 2006 and I never found the wardens very happy, perhaps the area had that affect on them.
Thanks L B

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts