Seaview CC site?

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Has anyone been and styaed on this site in the Borders?

Friends have just returned and told us that the site was OK. But in the middle of a housing estate.

They went on to say that they were warned on arrival not to leave anything valuable in the awning (which we don't do anyway - so not a problem). However, they then went on about the perimeter fencing being coated in non-drying paint it made me wonder whether to book next year.

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
Berwick is very nice but I wouldn`t stop there (CC site)!

There have been tales of the local high-spirited youths lobbing bricks over the fence onto caravans as well as the thefts.

We stopped at Ord House Country Park which was really quite nice ( I only normally do CC sites) which is much nicer and in a nicer area.

The pictures of Seaview look quite pleasant on the website. Believe me, your heart will sink as you approach it.

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
I agree - it's not the nicest of sites for location or layout. Have you thought of River Breamish C.C. site? Bit further from the border area but well served with attractive countryside.

Feb 26, 2007
Visit site
I would agree that the River Breamish Club site would be my choice every time.

It's not particularly near anything,but it's a well laid out site with loads of room .....grass pitches and hard standing.A super toilet block.

Just means you have to use the car to go anywhere.The coast is still handy for a day trip.Alnwick is a pleasant market town with the castle and stunning gardens.You can tell that I like it there !!!

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
I would add weight to the River Breamish suggestion, I didn`t mention it earlier as it is a reasonable distance from Berwick and the two settings are really chalk and cheese.

If you want Northumberland, River Breamish.

If you want Berwick, Ord House.

Just don`t even suggest Haggerston Castle...........

Apr 17, 2007
Visit site
Would not recommend Seaview. Would agree with all points mentioned and would add that the main east coast railway line runs past the rear of the site making some parts of the site very noisy[24 hrs].

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
O.K Gordon,

There is a Co-op about half-a-mile away.

Sorry, but thats it.

Shame, because Berwick (town and seafront) is really quite pleasant.

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Unless it has chanced considerably my wife and I spent a week there about 2 years ago. We thoroughly enjoyed it. Being an Ex railway signalman I enjoyed watching the trains going by. After a time you don't notice the noise. Ken

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your candid opinions. I thought it might be a bit of a 'risky' area (non-drying paint, etc!). We have been looking at the Powburn site and I think we will try booking there instead.

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
Ann. Have a look at The Plough Inn, Powburn - it gets a mention in Google - where landlady Jackie does evening meals and can suggest picnic/play areas if that is what you require. Ingram valley nearby is a very scenic run. Been there three times this year, twice with castle loving grandson.

Apr 17, 2007
Visit site
I've stayed at Seaview since 1981.[I joined the Caravan Club there. It was one of there top sites then, but unfortunately it is now showing it's age now. At that time theSpittal was still quite a nice tourist destination but it has deterioted quite a bit since thenand in my opinion it is not a top class site.

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Angus refers earlier in this thread about what he describes as 'high spirited youths throwing bricks over the fence'. Sorry Angus, they are not what you call them - they are complete thugs, and no use to man nor beast. Don't flatter the sod's!

Nov 29, 2007
Visit site
For goodnees sake some please say something positive about Seaview. I am booked in there over the New Year along with 97 others I would imagine!

Gordon N

Stayed at Seaview in late September. Fanatastic views but ground uneven. Would go back but it can be windy up on the cliff

can go crab fishing at 5pm !!! Lovely

Feb 12, 2006
Visit site
We stayed at the Seaview for 6 nights at Easter 2 weeks ago.

No problems what's so ever. The weather was a challenge to say the least. The Northumberland coastal path is about 20 mins walk from the site, Berwick is maybe a little further.

The site is terraced so great seaviews from every pitch as far as I could tell.

No dedicated Dog walk. Shower block warm & clean.

Really enjoyed the holiday & would return again to Seaview

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts