Second Lockdown πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯

Page 20 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
The problem with all the fresh produce stacking up at Calais is loads of it will already have been bought and paid for and if so won’t it be the purchasers who are gonna be the losers, hopefully it won’t be, I’m pretty ignorant on importing and exporting but that’s how it looks to me, fingers crossed it’s not our traders losing yet more money.
BP
I thought they had 90 days credit before payment hence the reason they all have , or did have , Credit Insurance? As Christmas is one day why are people antic buying French stuff😜

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Because the new strain covid is spreading across UK large areas of England are expected to join London and parts of south east tier4 on Wednesday 30th December that is when the next review, and then in the New year a lockdown .

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Because the new strain covid is spreading across UK large areas of England are expected to join London and the south east tier4 on Wednesday 30th December that is when the next review, and then in the New year a lockdown .
I think there’s no doubt that further restrictions will be coming but where did you get your information from. If it’s spreading so fast why wait until 30 December. Why further Tier 4 followed by lockdown. That is tantamount to saying Tier 4 will not work, so where is the logic in that sequence of actions?

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I think there’s no doubt that further restrictions will be coming but where did you get your information from. If it’s spreading so fast why wait until 30 December. Why further Tier 4 followed by lockdown. That is tantamount to saying Tier 4 will not work, so where is the logic in that sequence of actions?
Look on Sky News breaking news 6.45 am that when London and south east in the Tier 4 on the 30th December when the next review of there tier system it not up to me that the Prime Minister

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
... That is tantamount to saying Tier 4 will not work, so where is the logic in that sequence of actions?

Since when has the Gov'ts actions necessarily been logical to mere mortals?

But I do agree it seems illogical to know about the threat and its consequences and to wait for it to get worse before acting.

However there is nothing stopping individuals from taking their own precautions voluntarily ahead of any regulatory frame work.

Reactions: otherclive
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
It doesn’t matter who says what ! Look at big mouth Kay Burley Sky News darling now shut up for six months.
The fact is , like it or not Mr C19 is on the rampage, acting like a teenage mutant ready to strike without afore thought or compassion. At the moment I am in Tier 2 . My local friends are taking all PPE actions and avoiding unnecessary shopping trips . If the mutation spreads further South West I am sure our Tier will change.
Most of our imports via Calais, one of many ports, comes in sealed containers. Dropped off at Calais , ferried and then collected at Dover by British trucks. What is clear from the media this mutation has been found in Europe, Denmark in particular. Note their mink cull.
How did it start in Kent and creep up to London and Home Counties? Mmm, a rhetorical questionπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
iF you want to know where i got this
Google Covid 19 sky news (7 hrs ago)
I’ve read it and it says that further areas of the country may go into Tier 4 and equates it to lockdown. So it’s an extension of Tier 4 nit a lockdown in the normally understood sense of the word. I guess if you have so many Tier 4 those areas are effectively locked down. But non Tier 4 areas aren’t locked down.
It doesn’t matter who says what ! Look at big mouth Kay Burley Sky News darling now shut up for six months.
The fact is , like it or not Mr C19 is on the rampage, acting like a teenage mutant ready to strike without afore thought or compassion. At the moment I am in Tier 2 . My local friends are taking all PPE actions and avoiding unnecessary shopping trips . If the mutation spreads further South West I am sure our Tier will change.
Most of our imports via Calais, one of many ports, comes in sealed containers. Dropped off at Calais , ferried and then collected at Dover by British trucks. What is clear from the media this mutation has been found in Europe, Denmark in particular. Note their mink cull.
How did it start in Kent and creep up to London and Home Counties? Mmm, a rhetorical questionπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ

The strain of Covid causing concern has already been found elsewhere in the world. The US FDA and CDC have said that they believe it to be in the US too. One reason the U.K. detects it so well is the genome sequencing is probably the best in the world. Epidemiological experts are predicting that it will be the dominant strain around the world, until it evolves itself into yet another strain. It’s what virus do

955E5A28-96FE-4DCF-99EB-E451EE297A8E.jpeg

Reactions: JezzerB
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I wrote earlier the Gov't is dammed if they do and dammed if they don't, and how that is playing out. Some people seem to think the government is being too restrictive, and others too lax. Some (not just on this forum) are seem to almost accuse the Gov't of spreading the virus.

It is the nature of virus's to mutate, and every time the virus infects a new cell, it combines parts of its (Edit RNA)DNA and it produces a slightly altered versions of the virus. Usually these variations are very minor and it doesn't radically change the virus's modus operandi, but occasionally it does produce a critical change. With our present technology we cannot predict exactly how or when or where a significant change may occur.

When a significantly new strain does emerge, it will only be noticed when in some way it starts to make its self apparnt, such as increasing transmission rate, or causing a rise in a new or more severe symptoms. It requires an approach to wide spread monitoring to gather enough data to start to see changes in trends.

Unfortunately to begin to see new trends it already means some people must have been infected before it can be identified, and to see how severe the changes might be.

The only way to prevent new strains is to prevent the virus from infecting new victims. that requires a lock down to put physical distance between host and potential new victims or producing a immune response that stops the virus from using host cells to reproduce.

I'm in the camp that feels the Gov't has not done enough soon enough in this instance. The present new strain was identified as being able transmit up to 70% more readily by the middle of last week. It must have been obvious that if this strain was widely present in London, then with the prevalence of commuting to and from the Capitol, there is a fantastic opportunity for the new strain to travel to most parts of the UK, and given its transmissibility it is going to be a major problem.

Why they only increased the restrictions in the SE (which was reactive) they should have been proactive and told anyone who had travelled from SE and London to totally self isolate for 10 days.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It’s a interesting fact that Wales has recently carried out more genome sequencing than France has done since the pandemic started. So it’s not surprising that U.K. finds things out more quickly than most other countries U.K. 150000 genome tracking is 50% of the world total.

Last edited:
Reactions: JezzerB
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Just a minor point . It is the C19 RNA that transposes rather than the DNA . As I understand it the vaccines are based on tricking the RNA of the virusπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Tesco Cirencester today was not too bad. A five minute queue to enter. The shelves were loaded. No shortage of anything, prices very low. And plenty of those sprout things mr Macron said we wouldn’t have. Thanks goodness we have British agricultureπŸ‘πŸ‘

Reactions: Parksy
Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Tesco Cirencester today was not too bad. A five minute queue to enter. The shelves were loaded. No shortage of anything, prices very low. And plenty of those sprout things mr Macron said we wouldn’t have. Thanks goodness we have British agricultureπŸ‘πŸ‘
Strange you just said that as today placed an order on line and several items not available

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
As a total aside 50% of sprouts bought for Christmas are not eaten. What an absolute waste, I just love them.

Reactions: JezzerB and Beehpee
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just a minor point . It is the C19 RNA that transposes rather than the DNA . As I understand it the vaccines are based on tricking the RNA of the virusπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ
Thank you - I have edited my post.

But in the same vein - The vaccine mimics the RNA of the virus and it should be a close enough match to cause the body to produce an immune response to the actual virus if it encounters it.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Also on the news it said Tesco rations eggs, rice, soap and toiletroll but customers are allowed to buy up to three of each item .
We will see i have a Tesco home delivery tomorrow see what comes

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Dover reopens roughly 3,000 lorries are still stuck in carparks and in Kent and the drivers have to wait for a coronavirus test (NHS Staff )

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
Hate them ! Fastest way to spoil a good meal.

Many years ago I was at a conference and for dinner that evening there were sprouts on the menu - they had been dipped in chocolate!
I still blame all you lot who dislike them for that sorry episode. Suspect the chef was trying to please everyone and probably pleased no one.
Up here in North Derbyshire we had no shortages yesterday when we did a shop.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hate them ! Fastest way to spoil a good meal.
Hi Dusty i would agree with you i hate them when i was younger my mum use to sit me at the table if you don"t eat your sprouts you cannot leave the dinner table lucky for me there was a plant pot near to me and all them use to go in there .

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sprouts today bear no resemblance to those of years ago as far as taste goes, they may look the same but they are not.
Back in the 50's, 60's and such like, Sprouts were indeed a very acquired taste, being very bitter.

Over the years by selective cross breeding they have eliminated the very bitter taste and now we get a rather bland product.

Never the less, they are Ok and rich in Iron and other vitamins.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts