Second Lockdown 😥😥😥😥😥😥😥

Page 32 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
However they are asking the questions and if you give them the answers regarding your medical condition how would the Data protection Act work? You volunteered the answers.
They are still bound to confidentiality by the terms of their employment contract. Even though a verbal discussion would not necessarily be seen as data. But if it us input into the system it would become data. You have control of what information you offer, so it’s quite simple. If you aren’t willing to offer specific information don’t do so.

In most other interactions with business it’s the customer who offers the information. We do it day in day out. That’s where the real risk of things like identity fraud or scams occur.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
However they are asking the questions and if you give them the answers regarding your medical condition how would the Data protection Act work? You volunteered the answers.

Lets get this out of the way first. You have not "volunteered" the information you have responded to questions. Volunteering is when you release or do something without being asked to.

As OC has stated they are bound both in law and by the terms of their contracts to consider any information they receive about a patient (how so ever gained) has to be considered privileged and confidential.

The General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR) covers

The GDPR sets out seven key principles:
  • Lawfulness, fairness and transparency.
  • Purpose limitation.
  • Data minimisation.
  • Accuracy.
  • Storage limitation.
  • Integrity and confidentiality (security)
  • Accountability.
and a telephone conversation where personal data or information is discussed is definitely covered by it.

Again as OC suggests I f you feel so strongly about giving up that information over the phone you have the right to refuse to give it, but you would need to have the conversation with the surgery about how you are going to access your healthcare.

You might like to see this:-

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I have to say what the heck are we talking about here? SWMBO hasn’t been very well recently. We have known since last March the surgery is shut. But the receptionists act as the triage agent. Trained incidentally by the GPS and resident nurses. They merely take details from you and pass it on to the doctor who then decides the course of action. What’s wrong with that??

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Well, that's Herself and me jabbed!
Our GP surgery rang yesterday to offer Herself her first anti- Covid 19 vaccination.
The vaccination centre is a leisure centre a couple of miles away and the doctors receptionist asked if Herself would be able to get there.
She replied that I'd be taking her and would have to go in with her due to her broken ankle.
Herself asked if I'd be able to get my injection at the same time.
I would have had to wait a couple of weeks for the under 70 age group to be done, but because I'm vulnerable and shielding the receptionist agreed that I could also be vaccinated at the same time.
The leisure centre sports hall had around 20 vaccination stations, I don't know if it was because of the time (9:00am) but there were very few clients being vaccinated while we were there.
Most of the NHS staff were hanging around without anything to do.
We were given the Astra Zenica vaccine, we're due back within the next 12 weeks when they send for us.
It's a very small step toward normality, it didn't hurt and so far we've had no ill effects.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Our GP surgery rang yesterday to offer Herself her first anti- Covid 19 vaccination.
The vaccination centre is a leisure centre a couple of miles away and the doctors receptionist asked if Herself would be able to get there.
She replied that I'd be taking her and would have to go in with her due to her broken ankle.
I would have had to wait a couple of weeks for the under 70 age group to be done, but because I'm vulnerable and shielding the receptionist agreed that I could also be vaccinated at the same time.
The leisure centre sports hall had around 20 vaccination stations, I don't know if it was because of the time (9:00am) but there were very few clients being vaccinated while we were there.
We were given the Astra Zenica vaccine, we're due back within the next 12 weeks when they send for us.
It's a very small step toward normality, it didn't hurt and so far we've had no ill effects.
Same here regarding vaccination, but I think 12 weeks is a long time to wait. Apparently the first jab is only 50% effective but takes two weeks to get to that stage. Neither of us had any ill effects.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Congratulations Parksy and Carole. I expect you are relieved to be be the beneficiary of some protection form this merciless killer. One of my friends lost his dad two weeks in Cheltenham Hospital from C19. He went in for a gall stone removal. Last Thursday another friends wife also succumbed although she did have other issues. I expect mine towards the end of the month.

Moderator Note: Political reference removed. Please do NOT use the Covid situation to bring politics into any debate, it will be removed and the Covid infection is no respector of which political stance an individual takes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Strange situation, a mate of mine has been isolated for last 10 days which was finished Saturday just gone, had letter Monday from nhs to book appointment for vaccine, got to the vac centre and a question was asked of him “have you had a positive test in last 14 days” his reply was yes I’ve isolated and finished yesterday, the person giving the vaccine said sorry you can’t have it until 28 days after your positive test, he asked why and was told because the jab contained live virus if you have live virus already and they inject more it could make him really ill, all sounds wrong to me, everything I’ve read states it’s not a live virus, also let’s use me as an example if I went and was asked about a positive test my answer would be no but that’s because I’ve never been tested so if I’m positive and don’t know I get the jab and I’m likely to be ill, all seems total **** up unless I’m missing something.

BP

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Ps my mates isolation didn’t turn in to anything and he’s not been unwell during his 10 day isolation, he got told to isolate after getting flagged by nhs app

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Two of my mates recieved letters from the NHS, inviting them to apply for covid vaccinations and have booked the first and the second appointments. 60 days apart. One lad in Norwich and the other lad in St Albans,

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Parksy congratulations to you both not heard anything for me and wife to have our Covid 19 vaccination still waiting for phone call from the Doctors Surgery .

Reactions: Parksy

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
About an hour after we came home from being vaccinated a different receptionist from our GP surgery phoned to ask me if I could get to the vaccination centre today.
She wasn't aware that we'd both already had our vaccinations.
I wonder if the lack of 'customers' continued and they were casting around for suitable candidates?
It's reassuring to know that whatever happened, I'd have still been vaccinated today.

Reactions: Hutch
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I posted a couple of posts previous regarding my mates **** up, he got home and had a call from his surgery and he told them what had happened (see my previous post) and they said ok we can’t do it then, 10 minutes later same surgery different person said same again and said ok we can’t do it then and 30 minutes later another person from same surgery asking if he could go down and exactly same response, I know the vaccination process is complicated and it’s going at break neck speed but organisation isn’t wonderful

BP

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Some sad news just seen on the news Captain Sir John Moore has died of Coronavirus a leading light in the fight for this virus a great support for NHS

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
...I know the vaccination process is complicated and it’s going at break neck speed but organisation isn’t wonderful

BP
These are extremely extraordinary times, and the complexity involved in trying to organise such a wide spread vaccination programme is far more complicated than it might seem on the surface.

I'm inclined to take teh view its amazing what they have achieved, and no, its not perfect, and there will be difficulties, but at least its actually happening.

I'd much rather be asked the same question a number of times, than to be missed altogether.

Regarding your mates experience, it might depend on which vaccine the centre was using.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I posted a couple of posts previous regarding my mates **** up, he got home and had a call from his surgery and he told them what had happened (see my previous post) and they said ok we can’t do it then, 10 minutes later same surgery different person said same again and said ok we can’t do it then and 30 minutes later another person from same surgery asking if he could go down and exactly same response, I know the vaccination process is complicated and it’s going at break neck speed but organisation isn’t wonderful

BP
There’s inevitably going to be some areas where it’s better than others. Ours went very smoothly only 18 hours from text message to jab for both of us, all automatic notification and booking very simple too My BIL in Coventry vaccination was efficient and so were many of our friends in different parts of the country. But I guess yours was a bit muddled, but give them some leeway; they are doing their best in what are quite difficult circumstances. With anywhere between 250k to 500k jabs a day they must doing something right most of the times.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I agree with OC, the system is working well. This afternoon Mrs H has just recieved an E mail stating her Vitamin D tablets will be delivered soon by the NHS.
Sad news about Capt Tom, he was fighting Phnemonia, firstly and lives in a village about 6 miles from me. RIP.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I agree with OC, the system is working well. This afternoon Mrs H has just recieved an E mail stating her Vitamin D tablets will be delivered soon by the NHS.
Sad news about Capt Tom, he was fighting Phnemonia, firstly and lives in a village about 6 miles from me. RIP.
Hi Hutch it very sad news about Captain Tom RIP

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I did say in my post that the vaccination programme was amazing, and I think what’s been done is brilliant and I can’t wait to get mine, what I’m concerned about though is he was told he couldn’t have the jab because he’d tested positive within the last few weeks, looking online it states that people who have tested positive within the last 28 days should should not be vaccinated, I think it’s strange that people who haven’t had a test can have the vac without knowing whether they would test positive or not, that seems odd to me.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I did say in my post that the vaccination programme was amazing, and I think what’s been done is brilliant and I can’t wait to get mine, what I’m concerned about though is he was told he couldn’t have the jab because he’d tested positive within the last few weeks, looking online it states that people who have tested positive within the last 28 days should should not be vaccinated, I think it’s strange that people who haven’t had a test can have the vac without knowing whether they would test positive or not, that seems odd to me.
When I sat at the vaccination point this morning, first of all a Covid temperature check was taken, then I was asked a series of questions designed to find out if I had any symptoms or if I'd been close to anybody who had symptoms.
It wouldn't have been possible simply to wander in to be vaccinated, every response to the questions was recorded on a computer.
As far as was possible the staff and volunteers ascertained whether there would be any issues arising from giving the vaccine.
Our local centre was very well organised and very safe.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Finally got through to the local hub booking site on the NHS website and we have our appointments for the first on Saturday with the second booked for end of April.

It has taken the NHS website almost a week to get the local hub on their site, which seems rather strange.
Prior to today I kept getting directed to places as far afield as Epsom Racecourse !!!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts