Second Lockdown 😥😥😥😥😥😥😥

Page 38 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
After the Christmas debacle where it became a free for all I would completely understand and agree if the government chose to postpone the opening of campsites until after Easter.
I may not like it, but it would be for the best as some people, read morons, do not seem to understand social distancing etc and spoil it for the rest of us!
The die was cast for a second wave well before Christmas. We went away in the last week in October and our local infection rate was 29 per 100k. Arriving back seven days later it was 50. So the virus was leaping away well before Christmas, which nevertheless was a “ hen up”. Remember when Portugal was placed on a travel ban with an infection rate of 23 per 100k. Happy memories.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The Scottish news today suggests the vaccine roll out is beginning to have a major beneficial effect on the severity of UK's victims and on the UK infection rates. :)

Despite the PM saying the release of lock down will be driven by data not dates, what is he doing - giving us dates into the future. I suspect this is to satisfy some of the backbenchers. I just hope the the PM is man enough to put the brakes on, or even go into reverse on this schedule if the data shows it to be necessary. I hope he's right this time, :geek:

I don't see foreign travel opening up much until other world regions get their infection rates down. Otherwise we'll just be opening our doors to a whole range of new strains and mutations from abroad.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I think all we're going to get by Easter is up to 6 people or 2 families meeting outdoors plus travel outside local area but no overnight stops - I'm expecting our March/April trip to be cancelled but hopeful of going up to Scotland in mid-May - we'll see!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I think all we're going to get by Easter is up to 6 people or 2 families meeting outdoors plus travel outside local area but no overnight stops - I'm expecting our March/April trip to be cancelled but hopeful of going up to Scotland in mid-May - we'll see!

If we don’t get away to Yorkshire in early May I may take the caravan to Shetland and donate it to the Up Helly Aa festival as an alternative to a longship 😂

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
We’ve written off family Yorkshire trip mid March. The 4th postponement in 7 months. Premature cessation of lockdown will only end in tears and lead to yet another lockdown. I for one have pretty well written this year off. Get the knee fixed, tart up the Wyoming and just hope with the UK’s magnificent advanced by most standards, vaccination program will see us back to full normal life by the autumn Woosiefest. I do fear anything earlier may result in another disaster. Who knows🤔🤔🤔

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Just to secure sites, I have booked a week in Abergavenny beginning of July. And two weeks in Devon and Cornwall for September.

If it does not happen so be it.

John

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We’ve written off family Yorkshire trip mid March. The 4th postponement in 7 months. Premature cessation of lockdown will only end in tears and lead to yet another lockdown. I for one have pretty well written this year off. Get the knee fixed, tart up the Wyoming and just hope with the UK’s magnificent advanced by most standards, vaccination program will see us back to full normal life by the autumn Woosiefest. I do fear anything earlier may result in another disaster. Who knows🤔🤔🤔
Hi DD sorry to hear that you had to cancelled but hope you can transfer it to another date

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
It's not clear on Boris's roadmap when campsites will reopen, but step 2 (not earlier than April 12th) looks promising as self-contained accommodation will be allowed to open - but of course that's only in England.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Just to secure sites, I have booked a week in Abergavenny beginning of July. And two weeks in Devon and Cornwall for September.

If it does not happen so be it.

John
I hope you have nice time at Abergavenny we also going South Wales in June for 6 nights that was transferred from last season

Reactions: Jcloughie
Feb 19, 2017
Visit site
I read it as no earlier than 12th April for self contained accommodation which includes caravans probably with site facilities closed. I have the Lake District booked for the end of April so hopefully will be able to go assuming Nicola will allow us to go over the border 😂

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I personally have no concern with caravan sites being open. It’s what happens when you are there. Some are very happy to be away and just relax on site, so no problem. Some are fit and enjoy a ramble, again no problem. But we like to go to towns and stately homes, pubs and such. We are not yet comfortable being around lots of people.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It's not clear on Boris's roadmap when campsites will reopen, but step 2 (not earlier than April 12th) looks promising as self-contained accommodation will be allowed to open - but of course that's only in England.
Oh. That could rule out Yorkshire then 🤭

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
According to gov.uk campsites will open no earlier than 12th April.
This date may be put further back depending on statistics at the time.
The campsites will still be subject to social distancing and pubs, restaurants etc will not be serving meals indoors.
Experience from 2020 shows that the majority of reputable campsites were very good at respecting the guidelines laid down, so fingers crossed, Spring 2021 won't be a total write off if everybody behaves responsibly.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I had a week booked for 1st April, so as soon as Boris let things known I sent an email to the camp to transfer my booking to 22nd April as My take on what’s been said is that from the 12th there’s every chance campsites will be allowed to open probably with various services still closed, I’m hoping to get a reply to my transfer request tomorrow so fingers crossed, my other bookings are for May and July so again fingers crossed but looks very promising.

BP

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I’ve just read the link from parksy to gov.uk and that’s written in black and white campsites open not before the 12th April so to me that means if COVID conditions get worse the opening of campsites could get put back but equally if everything continues the way it is it should be by the 12th, so I’ll settle for that and I’ll be pleased with the death and contagion figures dropping to much lower than they are so far, when the figures drop its win win for us all.

BP

Reactions: Scorpy
Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
I booked up for 14/4- 17/5 and June, seeing Boris tonight I have picked dates associated with the "roadmap"and wonder whether the camps might open on the 14 April two days after 2nd plan or will it be my second date/

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
My understanding is they can open up from 12th April. I expect they will all be geared up and ready to go on that date looking to pull some income as soon as possible.
Mike

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Aerosmith at the O2 on 22 June 2021 delayed from June last year. Comes one day after the roadmap aims to allow normality. But event has now been moved to June 2022. I hope the group and their fans can continue to resist the ravages of ageing for another 15 months.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I booked up for 14/4- 17/5 and June, seeing Boris tonight I have picked dates associated with the "roadmap"and wonder whether the camps might open on the 14 April two days after 2nd plan or will it be my second date/
I merged the Boris and my holiday plans with this thread.
There's no point in having different threads on the same topic, it leads to confusion and duplicate comments.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts