Second Lockdown πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯

Page 36 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I got done for Β£80 last year, 100% my fault but that did not make me feel any better. Went into B&Q, emptyish car park. Stopped in the blue badge section but forgot to display. I tried to appeal to no avail. Seems the car park is managed on behalf of the landlords. The companies were not cowboys and handled things proffesionally.

I could have gone in one of the few hundred other places without a problem.

☹ Still hurts. But I learnt a lesson.

John
Blue Badge has no authority on private property - disabled spaces can be used by any disabled whether they have a Blue Badge or not - if you'd have threatened them with action under the Equality Act 2010 they'd have seen differently.

Twice I've forgotten to display my Blue Badge on council car parks, and got a ticket each time, but entered an informal appeal and was let off both times.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I got done for Β£80 last year, 100% my fault but that did not make me feel any better. Went into B&Q, emptyish car park. Stopped in the blue badge section but forgot to display. I tried to appeal to no avail. Seems the car park is managed on behalf of the landlords. The companies were not cowboys and handled things proffesionally.

John
Why did you pay as it was not a penalty notice and they have as much power as the car next door? Many people challenge these cowboys and tickets are squashed. These Private Parking Companies are leeches, cowboys and nothing else!

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Blue Badge has no authority on private property - disabled spaces can be used by any disabled whether they have a Blue Badge or not - if you'd have threatened them with action under the Equality Act 2010 they'd have seen differently.

Twice I've forgotten to display my Blue Badge on council car parks, and got a ticket each time, but entered an informal appeal and was let off both times.

Interesting, I will put mine down to experience.

Apologies for straying.

John

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

John
Hi I have park in B&Q car park and in the blue badge section and forgot to display my badge and i was not on my own i did not get a fine .

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Mrs H, who,is in the highly vulnerable group has recieved this afternoon an Email from HMG, that she should carry on sheilding until the 31st of March. And we are nowhere near to Wales where the latest covid mutation has been found. I hope they don't ban the export of the best lamb in the world.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
All done at Medical Centre a team of two nurses running one surgery in and out in four minutes then i sit in my wheelchair for 15 mins then off home
Professional service throughout

Reactions: WayneS
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
All πŸ’‰πŸ’‰πŸ’‰πŸ’‰πŸ’‰today
Having mine tomorrow afternoon, taking Thursday off work..........
Why I hear you ask...................because I can :tearsofjoy:

Here's a question for you who have been jabbed, did you get told to or is it recommended to leave the alcohol alone for a while?
Or can I have a pint or two to celebrate?

Stay Safe Everyone.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Having mine tomorrow afternoon, taking Thursday off work..........
Why I hear you ask...................because I can :tearsofjoy:

Here's a question for you who have been jabbed, did you get told to or is it recommended to leave the alcohol alone for a while?
Or can I have a pint or two to celebrate?

Stay Safe Everyone.
We had our jabs 2 weeks ago, all that was said to me was to wait for 15 minutes if I was driving in case of any allergic reaction.
We had the Astra zeneca vaccine.
Nobody mentioned alcohol or abstaining from it Kev.
I've had no side effects whatsoever.
Herself still has a slightly raised red mark where she was vaccinated.
The red mark was itching but an application of E45 Anti itch skin cream stopped the itching and the mark is fading.
Good luck Kevin πŸ’‰πŸ’‰πŸ’‰

Reactions: JezzerB and Gagakev
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Just found this;

Can I drink alcohol before and after having my Covid vaccine?
Neither the Government nor Public Health England have issued any official advice about whether you can drink before or after having your vaccine.
However, the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), which approved the jab and judged it to be safe, says: β€œThere is currently no evidence that drinking alcohol interferes with the efficacy of the Covid-19 vaccines. We would advise anyone concerned about this to talk to their healthcare professional.”

Reactions: JezzerB
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
24 hours later no problems so far🀞🀞
We both felt a lack of energy about five days after and I had very very mild cold like feeling but by day seven all back to normal. There have been some reports from those who have had second jab that they have noticeable minor flu like symptoms after the second jab. A minor price to pay for the protection.

Reactions: ProfJohnL
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Mrs H, who,is in the highly vulnerable group has received this afternoon an Email from HMG, that she should carry on shielding until the 31st of March. And we are nowhere near to Wales where the latest Covid mutation has been found. I hope they don't ban the export of the best lamb in the world.
I also got that email yesterday. Isn't Easter after 31st of March so maybe okay to be out and about at Easter? We would only entertain going go a CL and not a full blown site.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I also got that email yesterday. Isn't Easter after 31st of March so maybe okay to be out and about at Easter? We would only entertain going go a CL and not a full blown site.
I’d agree with you, although we found the β€œ full blown sites” of the two clubs and two private ones very good, and people being really sensible. But there’s no way I would venture out on a Bank Holiday, never have never will. This year could be even worse than a normal as the great British public travels en masse.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts