Second Lockdown πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯

Page 40 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
This is him now with one of his bands, back in the day he was the rhythm player doing R&B Now he’s on base.

View: https://www.facebook.com/699858474/posts/10159750439753475/

And a long time ago. (I might have taken this picture). He’s on our right. The lad in the back is still on FB. And the one in the white shirt lives in London. He went on to play in the Crying Shames.

View attachment 1215

One other member I can’t trace backed the Scaffold. They just could not understand why others could not play an instrument, until they tried to teach me.

I wonder if their advertised gig will still go ahead. Heard today, that Auckland have gone back into a 1 wheel lockdown after finding 1 new case!

John
Hi John Just look on FB they sound great .(y)

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
He has never done music professionally, worked in Fords, Halewood. His parents only ran a sweet shop. Nevertheless. He managed to retire early to this magically place, try Googling Lake Wanaka images.

John
Hi John I have google Lake Wanaka i can see why it New Zealand fourth largest lake it looks fantastic in the images

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We go to what would normally be a full facility site on 1st May.
They have emailed to let us know that toilet and shower blocks will be closed until 17th May.
We're not worried, we're on a fully serviced pitch.
The bar and restaurant are offering a take away service until restrictions are lifted, but we're unlikely to use them.
Hi Parksy I hope you have a nice break

Reactions: Parksy
May 7, 2012
Visit site
I agree that the antics of a few have caused most of the problems and not only spoiled it for the rest of us but they have killed many others by simply spreading the virus. The stupidity of some people beggars belief at times.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I agree that the antics of a few have caused most of the problems and not only spoiled it for the rest of us but they have killed many others by simply spreading the virus. The stupidity of some people beggars belief at times.
Whilst a few have been stupid, significant sources of infection have always been households mixing particularly inter generational one, people at work in enclosed spaces and from September 2020 schools and collages. Germany is currently worried yet their rate nationally is currently half of ours. The slowness in recognising a ramp up of infections that commenced in September beggars belief. Our daughter was warning us of cases in care homes, schools and hospitals. The so called Circuit Breaker was too little too late in relation to the Kent variant. I don’t think ” driven by the data” is anything different to ” led by the science”. Only this time HMG seem to have understood the implications of their actions over the past 12 months.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Whilst a few have been stupid, significant sources of infection have always been households mixing particularly inter generational one, people at work in enclosed spaces and from September 2020 schools and collages. Germany is currently worried yet their rate nationally is currently half of ours. The slowness in recognising a ramp up of infections that commenced in September beggars belief. Our daughter was warning us of cases in care homes, schools and hospitals. The so called Circuit Breaker was too little too late in relation to the Kent variant. I don’t think ” driven by the data” is anything different to ” led by the science”. Only this time HMG seem to have understood the implications of their actions over the past 12 months.
IMO Ray is right. Depending where in the U.K. you look the β€œfew” are either a lot or a few. Protocol denies me mentioning places. Germany and France should be very worried. They have decided the Oxford Astra Zeneca is no good for the over 65s. Mon Dieu, C’est triste. Don’t worry about head counts. From what I read not one Country uses the same basis so no wonder the numbers are different.
All that matters is that the U.K. across the board is doing very well indeed thanks to the great scientists and boffins at Oxford Astra Zeneca and Pfizer and those who had the afore thought to order and purchase the vaccines so far in advance.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I know where the finger points, but in our area the industrial park is nose to tail cars on pavements again and the business car parks are full. At the equivalent time in lockdown 1 it was virtually empty. An adjacent retail park which is on my exercise route is has been full everyday during lock down 3, not the case in lockdown 1. It’s an irrefutable fact that if people move around and mix the virus spreads. Whilst the vaccine is great news and working effectively the too little too late and quick relaxation last year gave the virus a great launch pad. In late August we were advising against, and subsequently restricting,travel to Portugal with case rates there of 20. Yet in Wiltshire by mid October our area was just below 30. A week later when we returned from Norfolk it was 50. I’m sorry but the government until recently has been consistently reluctant to face the reality of a developing situation right from day 1. Certain areas have had difficulties relating to their population mix, but that doesn’t explain why rates were going so high in other areas of U.K. not just in England that are not affected by similar population mixes.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
When this first started people were complying with the guidelines to prevent the risk of spread of infection. However, when you look around now it feels like it is old news, people have short memories and the comradory of last year appears to have passed, while some keep to the guidelines, no-one mixing with other households etc you only have to look out your windows to see a number of cars at houses where people are mixing. This is hard not seeing close family but for the good of everyone now and in the future we must remain steadfast so we will come out of this together. Like everyone we are missing our family but remain as before and hope when we can see them it will be even more special and have contributed in our own way to the success of ending this time.

Reactions: otherclive
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thank you for a useful post but has it taken account of the large hub centres that are being set up to complement GP hubs? The large hub vaccination rates should be much higher and add to GP output.

My daughter who has been working on mental health wards with Covid patients is now back on community duties. She has just had her second Pfizer vaccination cancelled. It was scheduled to be 10 weeks after her first vaccination. When she queried the cancellation and no alternative date given she was told that indications are that the second dose should be closer to the first. But it will not be for another week before she gets a date for her second one.

This was news to her and I’ve not seen anything in any media outlet giving such information. It will be interesting to see if her 10 week initial gap becomes shortened or goes beyond 10 weeks.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I have only heard that the specified time between doses is no more than 12 weeks. Also, that indication are that the delay improves the effect.

Don't understand though, why tell her that the second should be closer to the first and then delay it.

John

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I found the Horizon programme from the 25th very informative. Info regarding the 'K' value. And the findings of how the virus spread after a plane landed in Dublin with 13 infected people on. seems some people hardly spread it at all and other are superspreaders. Also, that research is being done to test sewerage with the aim of narrowing down outbreak areas. And lots more.

Programme certainly worth a watch.

John

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
My daughter who has been working on mental health wards with Covid patients is now back on community duties. She has just had her second Pfizer vaccination cancelled. It was scheduled to be 10 weeks after her first vaccination. When she queried the cancellation and no alternative date given she was told that indications are that the second dose should be closer to the first. But it will not be for another week before she gets a date for her second one.

This was news to her and I’ve not seen anything in any media outlet giving such information. It will be interesting to see if her 10 week initial gap becomes shortened or goes beyond 10 weeks.
As far as I see in the Press nothing is or has been scientifically cast in stone. The Oxford AZ was originally said to be two jabs over 3 weeks. All changed, who do we believe?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I have only heard that the specified time between doses is no more than 12 weeks. Also, that indication are that the delay improves the effect.

Don't understand though, why tell her that the second should be closer to the first and then delay it.

John
They haven’t delayed it beyond 10 weeks yet. Just cancelled the 10 week second jab. She will be told on 8 March when she gets her second jab.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Madam and I both had the Pfizer jab last Friday. For me a slight tenderness for 48 hours around the jab site, for madam, its completely knocked her off her feet. Terribly sore arm, pounding headache, backache, chills, shivers and dizziness.

Strange how it affects people so differently.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Madam and I both had the Pfizer jab last Friday. For me a slight tenderness for 48 hours around the jab site, for madam, its completely knocked her off her feet. Terribly sore arm, pounding headache, backache, chills, shivers and dizziness.

Strange how it affects people so differently.
I would have to agree with you my wife not been to good since she had the jab her arm still sore and bad headaches ,

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
My wife is nearly back to normal and it took 10 days for arm aches to go .
Glad to read this, - thats good news: 10 days of discomfort is long enough!
It is, it appears indeed very unpredictable regarding how differently individuals are affected but nice to hear of each persons side effects resolving. (y)

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Glad to read this, - thats good news: 10 days of discomfort is long enough!
It is, it appears indeed very unpredictable regarding how differently individuals are affected but nice to hear of each persons side effects resolving. (y)
Hi WayneS Thanks for the good wishes she not looking forward to the second one that booked for May (y)

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Working for NHS24 my daughter was able to confirm that a ew people did have minor problems after the jab but not long lasting in almost all cases. She suggested Lucozade to us as something to help when we were due a jab, but that is not the official line. Worth a try if you have a problem.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts