Second Lockdown 😥😥😥😥😥😥😥

Page 47 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have a friend( No mickey taking please), who previous to lockdown was looking after his mother, sadly she passed away, old age, but due to lock down he is now in the syndrome ,due to covid, of not willing to come out, we are a bunch of elder motorcyclists that meet up twice a week in a pub garden. We have got him out twice in the last 6 months so slowly he is gaining confidence to come out again, there must be many other folk like him.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Saving grace is:
New Zealand has recorded one of the lowest rates of Covid-19 infection among developed nations. In a population of almost 5 million people it has diagnosed fewer than 3,000 Covid-19 cases and only 26 deaths.

Think I heard today as well travel in and out has been banned until 2022
with slow phase next year to allow travel back in
(will see if I can clarify that one)

Just found this:
New Zealand will continue to pursue its ambitious Covid-19 elimination strategy indefinitely, Jacinda Ardern has said, adding that borders would never be the same as she laid out plans for a cautious, phased, reopening of the country.

The prime minister set out the country’s much-awaited reopening strategy on Thursday, and warned that New Zealand would always need some kind of protection at its border. “Just like after 9/11, the border will never be the same after Covid … things can change, but that doesn’t mean we can’t adapt to them in a way that eventually feels normal again.”

However, she also indicated, that all going well, vaccinated travellers from low-risk countries will be allowed to skip quarantine and enter the country early next year.

Reactions: Dustydog

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I imagine the conversation between Boris and Chris Whitty went something like this:
Boris: Chris, Why is the death rate so high in the UK?
Chris: Let’s face it Boris, they are old, they’re fat and they’re tightly packed. Plus the borders are all open.
Boris: Heigh Ho. Another lockdown then.
mel

• Wow
Reactions: Dustydog and Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts