Securing hangers

Aug 23, 2006
Visit site
Hello!

I saw a thread in the recent past with some ingenious ways of stopping hangers falling off the wardrobe rail in transit, but have been unable to find it again on a forum search. Can anyone kindly point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,

Norman

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
Hi Norman, you could try wrapping elastic bands around the hanger hook and the rail - works for us!! And you could use pegs to fix the clothes onto the hangers to stop items falling off!

May 12, 2005
Visit site
Norman,

I can`t find the thread either, but I use a length of foam pipe insualtion split a fasten around the rail, hangers fit neatly over it and don`t come of in transit.

Tony A.

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
One of the tips I remember which does seem to make sense is to alternate the way the hangers point.

I have not tried it because HID wedges so much in there it probably does not need a rail to stay in place!

Aug 1, 2007
Visit site
I lay all the clothes that are on hangers on the seat As if they are hung up they fall off and sway and can add to the caravan being unstable

Aug 8, 2005
Visit site
we found that it does seem to depend on your actual rail - which way it is aligned .

If it's running from back to front of the caravan it's not as bad as one which is running side to side.

Our cure is a thick piece of foam which is firmly wedged between the rail and the Shelf above it . Then hang the clothes on hangers as normal - if you can slip the hangar in easily the foam is not thick enough.

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
We hang all the hangers up as usual then with either a webbing strap or a Bungy (elastic strap with hooks on the end) loop it around the lot just under the rail.Keeps them on nicely. I also saw that tip recently but have been doing it for hundreds of years.

Who's a smart ?ss then.

ttfn

Jun 5, 2005
Visit site
Norman

I hang everything up normally then wedge a towel or two between the top of the hanger and the underside of the shelf / cupboard above

It has never failed me yet

Gill

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
WE use the method Garry mentioned.Take two hangers and have the hooks facing opposite way and put an elastic band round the necks, and simply pull the two hooks apart enough to hang them on the rail and bingo ! they cant fall off.

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
We hang all the hangers up as usual then with either a webbing strap or a Bungy (elastic strap with hooks on the end) loop it around the lot just under the rail.Keeps them on nicely. I also saw that tip recently but have been doing it for hundreds of years.

Who's a smart ?ss then.

ttfn
So have we ! Perfect solution.

Nov 9, 2005
Visit site
i remember this one too we use a piece of that breathable ground sheet wrapped around the hanging rail and secured with tape we also use some as place matts as our table is slippy and the kids cant stop chasing thier plates around at meal time

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
We've just arrived back from a two week stay in France (650 miles round trip) and I put some masking tape around the hangers and along the top rail to stop clothes falling on the floor. All clothes hung up were still in place when we arrived at our site.

May 21, 2007
Visit site
Norman,

The thread you are looking for is under the current heading 'General'and it is called 'How do you stop your bits wobbling around oo-er missus'.

I asked the same question as you.I took the advice of using pipe lagging on the rail and it worked a treat.However when on site we couldnt move the hangers along the rail as the lagging held everything in place.So this time I took off the lagging and loaded the wardrobe as normal,then I put the lagging over the hangers and secured with insulation tape.It worked a treat,But I let myself down,I left the lagging on on site.So here is my advice in 5 easy steps

1)Load wardrobe as normal

2)Secure with lagging

3)Take lagging off when on site

4)Put lagging back on before leaving site

5)Take lagging off when at home

I can't believe I didn't do that myself

Pat

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts