Security (winter) Wheels

Mar 29, 2007
Visit site
Came out to the drive this morning to find that my hitch cover had been cut open with a sharp knife. Someone had done this I think to check quickly if my caravan hitch, had a lock on it.

It has an alko lock and I have a wheel clamp fitted, I am really worried about theft from my drive now, The police suggested that I fit a set of the winter wheels, a bit of a pain to have to swap when we go away, can anyone recommend which ones to go for.

Many Thanks....Alec.

Mar 29, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for that Rob.

Been away from the forum for quite some time, I never knew anything about this new bit of kit.

Am really interested, would be so sick if I lost the van from the drive.

Many Thanks, will let you know how I get on.

Alec.

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Don't forget to check with your insurance company, as some insist on a wheel clamp being fitted. Obviously you can't fit a wheel clamp on a set of winter wheels, so some will not cover your van, stupid I know, but that's the way some companys word their policies.

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Steve,

You're quite correct in what you say about winter wheels and insurers. The hublock is different from most other winter wheels and is probably more secure than most wheel clamps. A large number of the major insurers do accept it, a full list is available on the jsb website.

Just in case anyone is wondering - I have no connection with the company other than being a satisfied customer.

Robert

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts