Security

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We will be phantom when the year is out on the tracker.
We had the Phantom fitted at our own cost before taking delivery of our caravan. Never bothered with activating the useless reactive tracker. BTW are you aware that if you had a Phantom tracker in a previous caravan you may be able to get a discount. I think they also offer a discount if someone who had bought a Phantom recommended it to you and you bought.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
As a burglar alarm fitter once said to me, put yourself in the position of the burglar. If you have four houses 'available' and one has a visible alarm and the others don't, which one are you going to break into?

Same with small-time caravan thieves I would suggest. On the other hand the pros are more likely stealing for parts, especially if they have to do visible damage to nick it!

Reactions: JezzerB
Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
We had the Phantom fitted at our own cost before taking delivery of our caravan. Never bothered with activating the useless reactive tracker. BTW are you aware that if you had a Phantom tracker in a previous caravan you may be able to get a discount. I think they also offer a discount if someone who had bought a Phantom recommended it to you and you bought.
Your recommendation comes v highly Buckman!

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Our Lunar has the receivers on both sides although I am not sure if it applies to all makes.

The recovery record of Tracker is very high, and most important, generally before the thieves have had time to do anything with it, so there should be no problems if you get it back.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Our Lunar has the receivers on both sides although I am not sure if it applies to all makes.

The recovery record of Tracker is very high, and most important, generally before the thieves have had time to do anything with it, so there should be no problems if you get it back.
It depends on the tracker fitted as trackers in caravans tend to be the reactive tracker and you have to notify the tracking company that the caravan has gone missing and this could be hours, days, weeks or even months later. Chances of recovering the caravan are then clsoe to zero. A proactive tracker would alert the tracking call centre immediately that any one interferes with the caravan which is why we had the Phantom tracker fitted.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts