Sedgemoor services M5

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Has anyone stopped at Sedgemoor services. We normally stop at Taunton but will be getting off the M5 before reaching Taunton on the next trip. Just need somewhere to park, stretch the legs and option of using the loos and shop for newspapers, comics etc. We spit up when going to loos etc so van is never left unattended.

Many thanks in advance

Annette

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Sedgemore south bound is ok, follow the lorry signs and there is then a seperate area for caravans, its not tarmac just hardcore but at least its away from the lorry park.

Kevin

Nov 9, 2006
Visit site
Yeah, watch your step, because of the ruddy large holes!

I stopped there in 2008, and watched the left front corner of a van bottom out on the rough surface when its left wheel dissapeared into the hole - and there are many!

And then at the exit to the caravan part of the site, I watched another van collide with the large boulders they use to define the exit, as it followed through behind the car!

I haven't stopped their since.

Maybe it has improved since.

You could always take your chances with the pee smelly part used by lorry drivers.

Wombat

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Thanks for your comments - sounds as if it hasn't changed since we stopped several years ago. We opened the front doors of the car and found large puddles , had been raining. OH promtly closed his door and we towed straight off the services. Haven't used it since. Will give the services a miss.

May 22, 2006
Visit site
We pulled in there (southbound) on June 15th, had food and an hours kip, went to the left bottom corner no problem at all just watch out for the potholes (they also make driving slower) used it before and will use it again when down the M5

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts