Self propelled lawn mower

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Kneeds must. Mr Briggs and Stratton was too heavy for us. A faithful legacy from our previous home before we downsized

Jul 23, 2021
Visit site
Big jump in price for the self propelled over push in chordless. But lots of options.

This shows many alternatives.

John

PS, found this, seems a better price and I imagine Hyundai would be OK.
We have a HYUNDAI HYM60LI420 60V mower with 42cm cut. We purchaced in 2018 to replace a Sovereign (Homebase) Petrol mower. The last two petrol mowers we had the chassis rusted away. The Hyundai is all plastic, making it both very light and very robust. The battery is removable (has to be for charging) and we keep it in the garage. We use the same battery for a strimmer.

Its not self drive but is MUCH easier to push than a petrol mower due to both its lightness and relatively large wheels.
I am sure the self drive version that is mentioned here would be excellent (though not cheap).

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Looking again at the label, and investigating further it seems Argos have an ownership of names like Spear and Jackson. Most stuff made in China. A lot of our family brands from years back are not who or what you think.
But those “names “ give us confidence.
Any caravan names in this category😜😜

• Haha
Reactions: Buckman
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Looking again at the label, and investigating further it seems Argos have an ownership of names like Spear and Jackson. Most stuff made in China. A lot of our family brands from years back are not who or what you think.
But those “names “ give us confidence.
Any caravan names in this category😜😜
Nice thing about Argos is their No quibble approach should you have a problem.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Nice thing about Argos is their No quibble approach should you have a problem.
Wish that was true in all case. We had one of their "own brand" lawn mowers which packed up when it was about a year old remembering we probably would have only used it at the most for 6 months and then only every 2 weeks for about an hour. The manager gave us a real hard time returning the unit arguing that the unit was nearly a year old and not covered by SOGA!
However by the same token when we bought one of their bedroom suites that could not be assembled due to missing parts, they refunded the same day they collected the article. We would still use Argos..

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Wish that was true in all case. We had one of their "own brand" lawn mowers which packed up when it was about a year old remembering we probably would have only used it at the most for 6 months and then only every 2 weeks for about an hour. The manager gave us a real hard time returning the unit arguing that the unit was nearly a year old and not covered by SOGA!
However by the same token when we bought one of their bedroom suites that could not be assembled due to missing parts, they refunded the same day they collected the article. We would still use Argos..
Despite your mixed experiences I think I will still continue to buy my own lottery tickets. 🤣🤣🤣

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
After a lot of deliberation and taking intoi account our restricted mobility issues we have purchased an EGO 1702 cordless self propelled lawnmower which should be arriving later this week. Hopefully in the long term it will work out cheaper than paying someone to mow the lawn every week during the warmer months.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
After a lot of deliberation and taking intoi account our restricted mobility issues we have purchased an EGO 1702 cordless self propelled lawnmower which should be arriving later this week. Hopefully in the long term it will work out cheaper than paying someone to mow the lawn every week during the warmer months.
Looks a very capable machine. You do realise where it is made? :eek: :ROFLMAO:

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Yes I did, but unfortunately one has very little choice these days however it does come with a 5 year warranty from a local supplier. I think the battery has a 2 year warranty.
Welcome to the EV mower club. Mines only a Spear & Jackson no longer made in UK😢. Lasts one hour . Better cut and collection than my old petrol one

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Our daughter has one and it’s so light too compared to her previous petrol one.
Problem with the light ones which are not self propelled is pushing them as tried one and it was very hard work for either of us hence decided to pay the extra for the self propelled. The light ones weigh about 12kg and self propelled about 24kg, but being self propelled weight is not an issue. (y):D

Reactions: Dustydog
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts