Services near Birmingham

May 31, 2005
Visit site
Anyone got any recommendations for good places to stop whilst towing northbound up M40/M42/M5/M6 in the Birmingham area? Also for the return journey south... Was thinking about using Frankley Services.

Thanks for any tips.

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
Try Warwick clean, friendly. Gather your breath before you hit the M42/M6 northbound and relax after M6/M42 southbound. Unfortunately only used them when solo so can't speak about them when towing.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Chapel Lane Caravan Club site at Wythall just over 1 mile off junction 3 of the M42. I've used their late night arrivals many times on my way south. I always 'phone before hand just to confirm that its OK and settle up in the morning.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Chapel Lane Caravan Club site at Wythall just over 1 mile off junction 3 of the M42. I've used their late night arrivals many times on my way south. I always 'phone before hand just to confirm that its OK and settle up in the morning.
Gosh, how many times have I promoted the Caravan Club recently? I should be on commission!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jim

Try Kingsbury Water Park just off the M42,this is the number one camp site in uk 2nd year, so must be good not been myself. It is Camping and Caravan Club site details on their site.

Have fun

Jim M

May 31, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for all your comments - was thinking of a short break rather than overnighting, so will maybe try Warwick.

Does anyone have experience of using it with van in tow?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I refuse to stop at Warwick services.

Southbound had problems with obnoxious staff in the restaurant when we once stopped for breakfast.

Northbound one evening was approached by their so called security and asked how long we intended to stay. We said we were stopping for toilets and refreshments and he said 'well I'll allow you an hour and then I'll charge for parking.'

I've not stopped there since!

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
If you are able get yourself past the urban chaos that is present around Birmingham. Ignore Frankley and Hilton Park services and make your break at Stafford services (M6). Here you will find a modern service area with dedicated parking for caravans (drive in drive out)well worth the extra 40 min drive.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The best services I've found on this route is the Stafford services, its between junc 14 an 15 on the M6. If you don't mind leaving the motorway leave at Junc 15, take the A519 towards Newcastle under Lyne. Olong this route on the left, about the 3rd or 4th roundabout there is a Morrisons (at least I think its Morrisons, taken over from Safeway) supermarket, good car park, place to eat and fill up with fuel. You can then travel along the A500 to rejoin the M6 at junc 16.

Mike

TRENDING THREADS