Shogun

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Clive, for goodness sake, stop attacking peoples personality! I find the phrase "I really do find this holier than thou attitutude of your "anti" brigade obnoxious" very inflaming as is "biggoted opinions". You just will not stop will you?

Graham, Your argument about weight ratio is fine. But this is a very selfish point of view as the argument against using off road vehicals on the roads is about the safety of 'other' road users and not about how safe you are.

Think about the bad road handling, bad breaking, exessive emissions and pedestrian un-friendly design. Then tell me how safe they are.
So 4x4 drivers should deliberatly place themselves and their families in vehicles that have been shown to offer less protection for the passengers just because you don't have one?

Whose being selfish now??

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hmm! Stinky Pete says:-

"Graham, Your argument about weight ratio is fine. But this is a very selfish point of view as the argument against using off road vehicals on the roads is about the safety of 'other' road users and not about how safe you are."

So 4x4 drivers should deliberatly place themselves and their families in vehicles that have been shown to offer less protection for the passengers just because you don't have one?

Whose being selfish now??

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I do not want a sparring match - I want us all to be able to respect each others choices in life as being valid.

You stike me as being someone who loves to dish out the opinions but cannot hack it when I or others ask you to respect ours.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
please! Yesterday kids were picked up from school early to be told there parents were dead.There were probably hundreds of children injured,as well as all the adults.

GET YOUR PRORITIES IN LIFE RIGHT!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sorry Tina - I disagree with you - If we change what we are or what we believe in in any way - then we give the terrorist the success they grave.

I believe this should be an adult debating chamber and as far as I am aware Towcars are relevent to this forum.

I have completely open views on what people tow with - I do not care if you prefer a unicycle, DAF truck or anything inbetween.

What right have others to say what I should transport my family in?

Put to the test I would suggest that 80% agree with me and 20% agree with stinky pete - i.e. a minority view.

But crikey - arent they a vocal minority - every time a 4x4 gete mentioned - up the pop - having a go.

And all the bloke wanted was some feedback on what people thought of the Shogun as a tow car!!

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Clive I know,and I never judge anyone on what they own,drive ,wear etc.... I,m commenting more on the fact that this post seems to be turning nasty again between two people who enjoy the same hobby and are happy and healthy,cant you have a virtual handshake and agree to disagree!?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have been trying that for some time - have a look at what I have said re personal choice.

Trouble is when you are dealing with someone who is so certain that they are right and you are wrong they can not see the wood for the trees.

I think I have made it clear that I have my 4x4 for what I consider to be valid reasons. Stinky pete disagrees because he has a biggotted point of view (not a personal attack on the man but a comment on his views as expressed here and his behaviour towards me) in that he has stated that there is NO good reason for a 4x4.

This is nonsence of course. He just cannot see it because of the plank in his eye.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Clive, i gave you plenty of oppertunity to stop following me around the forums and insulting me. I even asked you to stop.

I'll ask you again. "stop this personal vendetta against me"

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Clive i'm not siding either way! I like 4x4's ,I like cars and I like my people carrier!!! I like all you people on here and wish you all safe journeys however you get there!!(oh I forgot I like chocolate too!!!)x

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
Clive i'm not siding either way! I like 4x4's ,I like cars and I like my people carrier!!! I like all you people on here and wish you all safe journeys however you get there!!(oh I forgot I like chocolate too!!!)x
Tina

Well said, sums up the spirit perfectly. By the way we didn't need the ps, after all you are female arn't you

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hang on a minute Stinky!

You popped up today at 12:19 and had a pop at me after Graham and I were having a perfectly sensible conversation. You critiscised my views on the antis and saying that Grahams actions were selfish for having a 4x4 because of there proven better saftey record for passengers.

Prior to that I had not mentioned you personally in any way whatsoever. You asked me not to converse with you and I did not.

So I am not following you - it is the other way round.

Have alook at my responce at 01:10pm to yours of 01:01pm - I made it quite clear I did not want a sparring match (your words not mine)

This is a thread about a Shogun 4x4 - I am surprised if you are so negative about them that you seem so intent on joining in the discussion.

And I am suppossed to be following you arround??????

Whatever!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
i think it was only you that said that quote clive. I think you put the "stupidity" bit in for your benifit.
anyone can be stupid - it affects us all - it take a mature person to realise that.

Only a person who lacks a certain maturity can be so absolutely certain that they are correct and everybody else is wrong.

Why can't you simply admit that 4x4's have a place in our world as caravanners?

Is it so hard for you to do.

I am NOT following you arround the forum as a lot of my comments are registerred as just that.

You started this one on this thread - I was happy to leave you alone.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Right you two we've got two choices here! 1).Either you agree that you will never agree and stop this ongoing barracking or ,2) you get two pistols and sort it out once and for all at dawn.....I hope you can agree which one to choose! Brian . {:-o)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts