Should I go or not

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Just returned from Blackpool south. Had a lovely time there but didn't do our usual thing. We did everything outdoors and went grocery shopping when it was quieter, still busy Monday morning. We have put the van away for a while. Two things for us is we like exploring places, drinking coffee in new places etc and feel with most things closed or not advisable we think it better to be home. Also worried that if one of us gets the virus it comes on so quickly we would not have time to pack up and get home before it got serious. We do 120 nights out a year and I always look forward to our next trip. Better half has given me a good talking too so I'm being sensible. I'm 76 and wife a good bit younger and both think we have good health. We may later look for somewhere to pitch for a while so if worst happens we can retreat home quickly. One word about going to sites is be careful using the loos. The virus has been found on faeces and when loos are flushed they cause an aerosol that disperses in the air. This could carry the virus. (Read it in New Scientist magazine.) If you do go out, enjoy it.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Just returned from Blackpool south. Had a lovely time there but didn't do our usual thing. We did everything outdoors and went grocery shopping when it was quieter, still busy Monday morning. We have put the van away for a while. Two things for us is we like exploring places, drinking coffee in new places etc and feel with most things closed or not advisable we think it better to be home. Also worried that if one of us gets the virus it comes on so quickly we would not have time to pack up and get home before it got serious. We do 120 nights out a year and I always look forward to our next trip. Better half has given me a good talking too so I'm being sensible. I'm 76 and wife a good bit younger and both think we have good health. We may later look for somewhere to pitch for a while so if worst happens we can retreat home quickly. One word about going to sites is be careful using the loos. The virus has been found on faeces and when loos are flushed they cause an aerosol that disperses in the air. This could carry the virus. (Read it in New Scientist magazine.) If you do go out, enjoy it.
I think you might find toilet shower facilities will be shut anyway. So it will be use of your own caravan or motohome facilities. Not much help for tent camping. Back to Scouting for Boys approach. No washing, no change of clothes and judicious use of the trowel.

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
I think you might find toilet shower facilities will be shut anyway. So it will be use of your own caravan or motohome facilities. Not much help for tent camping. Back to Scouting for Boys approach. No washing, no change of clothes and judicious use of the trowel.
Quoting "towels! brought back memories from 1951. Travelling by train from Padgate to Harwich then the Hook France , Germany Austria , then a boat ride. On the train only one guy had a towel so six of us used it!. On the boat I went down with chicken pox followed by several others ending up in field hospital much later and to cap it all first night a lot bangs and under the beds lads.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Waffler, thanks for that advice espicially about. the number 2's.very helpful,

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
We have decided that barring illness, our trip is on. As suggested, probably safer than at home.
Just cancelled three trips between Easter and the end of June due to being of a certain age and all dog shows being cancelled.
The one that hurts the most is our usual 14 days over Easter on a CS halfway between Bath and Bristol. 10 minutes from the youngest grandchildren who both have birthdays over Easter. Not seen them since Christmas

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Quoting "towels! brought back memories from 1951. Travelling by train from Padgate to Harwich then the Hook France , Germany Austria , then a boat ride. On the train only one guy had a towel so six of us used it!. On the boat I went down with chicken pox followed by several others ending up in field hospital much later and to cap it all first night a lot bangs and under the beds lads.

Actually when I was camping in the Scouts it was the “trowel” not the “towel” that had more use. 🤭

TRENDING THREADS