Should I go or not

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
May 24, 2014
Visit site
After all we said about carry on regardless, we have kicked our Scottish trip into touch, just for the reason that its such a long way back if we are taken ill with this thing. We are still going away, but heading a little closer to home with the New Forest. Once there, I will attempt to see if the virus can be killed by a good Single Malt.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
After all we said about carry on regardless, we have kicked our Scottish trip into touch, just for the reason that its such a long way back if we are taken ill with this thing. We are still going away, but heading a little closer to home with the New Forest. Once there, I will attempt to see if the virus can be killed by a good Single Malt.

Why not a double, or a few doubles.(y)

Reactions: joiner55
B

Beachball2

Latest update
Last owner did not look after the caravan and let three big dogs go on the seats
We took our cushions to be Re upholstery we have given him a date we want them ready but with this (Coronavirus Covid 19 ) Hopefully they will be ready .

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Further about my first comment about should I go or not. Now with more info we would not go if we could not have full service pitch like we have booked. The wardens do good job of cleaning toilet block but before they go in I have found toilets disgusting at times , I wonder what their homes are like. Another thought is will CCC cancel bookings as people do cluster together at times in places

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Further about my first comment about should I go or not. Now with more info we would not go if we could not have full service pitch like we have booked. The wardens do good job of cleaning toilet block but before they go in I have found toilets disgusting at times , I wonder what their homes are like. Another thought is will CCC cancel bookings as people do cluster together at times in places

Doesn’t your caravan have shower and toilet?

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Well, Boris has now said we must avoid ALL non essential travel. I assume you guys are with me that caravanning is essential.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have just cancelled our trip to Waterrow, SWMBO has COPD we always use our onboard toilet and shower but if Memshabe cannot have a drink down the pub, no point in us going away.
Now thinking of having the van on the drive for eldest son to get out of London, as his work has closed down, and he doesn't want to possibly
infect us.
Malaria was nothing for me., thinking about it.

Reactions: camel
Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I have just cancelled our trip to Waterrow, SWMBO has COPD we always use our onboard toilet and shower but if Memshabe cannot have a drink down the pub, no point in us going away.
Now thinking of having the van on the drive for eldest son to get out of London, as his work has closed down, and he doesn't want to possibly
infect us.
Malaria was nothing for me., thinking about it.
We like going down the pub when we are away and going for Sunday lunch but if we go away next week it will be tinnies in the caravan and hopefully a full service pitch,

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thats fine if we were just ourselfs, but as you know it was supposed to be a mini Woosie fest. Tinnies are fine as we are setting up , but a real pint is needed, and The Rock , looked great.

Reactions: camel

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
We're still undecided pending further government advice.
If we cancel Waterrow now the only option to save our deposit is to go in the cold dark months.
I'd much rather be away in April than October or later, we can self isolate in and around the caravan and a Springtime break in the fresh air will probably do us both good.
We are both at risk, but pubs are not always crowded and there are no laws which actually forbid popping out for a swift sherbet.
We're in wait and see mode at the moment.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I am over 70 but physically fit and my wife who is a bit younger has mild type 2 diabeties so we are holding back although I do not feel the risk is serious for us.

Mar 8, 2007
Visit site
Robert_374373903,

I think it was the use of the word 'Their' that implied you were talking about the wardens.

"The wardens do good job of cleaning toilet block but before they go in I have found toilets disgusting at times , I wonder what their homes are like"

Regards,

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I’ve got a booking for eye kettleby, it’s some way off yet but I booked it because there’s a tribute act on that sounds good, obviously things could change dramatically by then but if I was going sooner I would definitely still go, while we are cocooned in our own space in caravan we are as safe as is possible, however as much as I’m looking forward to the show, I’d give the show a miss as I too have COPD and my better half also has health issues, sitting in a bar with lots of other people even at current infectious levels is a deffo no for us, being in the fresh air with a few metres between us and the next outfit is a deffo yes, with all the flights cancelled to lots of holiday destinations there’s going to be lots more people going for staycations this year. Stay safe everyone!!

BP
When do you go to Eye Kettleby because we have book in June my husband also has COPD

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi Beachball, I can’t remember exact date without scrolling through emails but it’s when the Rod Stewart tribute night is on, as mentioned previously we’ll probably still go but we’ll give the show a miss and I’ll just have to suffer fishing more

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
At no time did I say the wardens were at fault
Hello Robert,

The point I was trying to make is that we see complaints about the state of toilets and showers, often inferring the wardens don't clean them often or well enough. I think it's fair to assume the cause of the mess is not the wardens, but the campers/caravanners who so often don't seem to respect the facilities provided.

It seems all too often that the people who use the facilities seem to have forgotten normal domestic behaviour they would use at home, and seem to think they can get away with lower standards of hygiene and cleaning up after use.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Beachball, I can’t remember exact date without scrolling through emails but it’s when the Rod Stewart tribute night is on, as mentioned previously we’ll probably still go but we’ll give the show a miss and I’ll just have to suffer fishing more
Have a great break we arrive roughly middle of June also i like Fishing

Last edited by a moderator:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts