Shower tray ideas for older caravan

May 22, 2024
Visit site
Hi all my caravan is a clean 1996 lunar planet eclipse sel the shower tray is rubbish and better off removed and replaced with something else what ideas does anyone have for doing this as obviously I can’t find a replacement tray same dimensions. 👍IMG_5964.jpeg

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
What's wrong with the current tray??
If its not leaking, and you are unable to find one of a similar size, then your choices do seem to be somewhat limited (to keeping what you have got)
I am rather curious as yo how you got that picture, did you photograph through the skylight opening?

May 22, 2024
Visit site
Hi the caravan is pitched up permanently I took that photo when replacing the sky light 👍 the tray is cracked and feel it would be better to make something else as the caravan isn’t going anywhere so was thinking maybe tiling or something similar 👍

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
Ah, now that's a whole different scenario now.

If the caravan is not ever going to be towed on a road again then you don't have to worry too much about adding weight to it, so tiling is clearly an option. But you will need to construct a very sturdy enclosure to ensure there is  no flexing that could cause any tiles to crack. Don't forget that as well as the weight of the tiles there's the weight of the shower occupant to consider! Tiling that small space will involve a lot of tile cutting.

How bad is the crack? In the past I had a shower tray in a motorhone crack very near to the drain point (the usual spot) . Rather than rip the entire shower unit out I drilled into the void between the shower tray and the wall/floor (from the garage of the MH) and injected a load of builders foam! It filled the void, supported the bottom of the shower tray and best of all, its 100% waterproof so nothing leaked out of the tray! The repair lasted the further 3 years I owned the the MH.

TRENDING THREADS