Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
has anybody ever had a van with a shower that empties completley? i have now had 5 vans and when level they have all left water in either one of the corners or the side. the position of the plug hole always appears higher not allowing all the water to run away. or am i missing something very basic? thanks for any help with this problem. geoff

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Geoff, we have an Abbey GTS Vogue and the shower empties completely. Water cannot accumulate in a corner as it is a round base.

Th eonly time I had problems was when the van was not levelled properly and had a slight downward tilt making the plug hole higher than it should have been

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
I was amused by this because my first few trips in my Bailey Senator Oklahoma resulted in lots of sponges mopping up loads of water!

The problem is the design, the plug should be in the middle with the slides sloping downwards to ensure that water cannot accumulate. However, I empathise !!

John

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
A slight adjustment to your levelling should do the trick. I usually put a little bias towards the drain hole when setting up, nothing too great, just enough for the water to drain properly without the van feeling lopsided. Shot in the dark here, is your van a Bailey?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My Ace Jubilee Statesman empties really well but it will soon be back to mopping up when we get the Senator Oklahoma from whar John says!

We had one van that was poor so I put an extra drain hole through a flat part of the shower tray

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
One thing I noticed is that over time the shower floor seems to sink down and mold itself more to the floor compared to a new shower tray that has a definate gradient to the drain hole.

Not sure what to do about it apart from mop it up as replacing the shower tray is too much of a pain - and whilst it dosent leak - I am not going to fix it!

Had a lot of success in the summer with an outside Solar shower - one of these black bag jobs - placed on the caravan roof with the nozzle going into a loo tent "shower cubicle" - Worked really well as long as you accepted you could not have a shower first thing.

Great sence of satisfaction having all that "Free" hot water.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
On my 04 Bailey we used to have a drainage issue. I found that if we use the bottom hole in the wastemaster for the waste pipes (the one you would use for emptying) then it's fine. Use any other and the water is very slow to drain. No problem at all now.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have a look at the hose from shower outlet to the socket on the van. As delivered mine had a much deeper U section than was necessary - cut an inch or two off to form a shallow U and drainage improved considerably.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts