site advice

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi All

We have finally got all we need( i think) for our first ever caravan adventure !!(including repaired back end !)we are booked into cc manouvering course but not till july and are really keen to go somewhere in the mean time, my partner is competent at towing but can anyone recommend any sites in the lakes that are really easy to access,(no narrow lanes or tight turns!!)something easy for our first trip out !!!!!!!!!

Thanks !!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tina+Chris, Welcome to the world of caravanning, we all got to start some where so it better to take on those narrow road and tight turns so do it in your own time as they say practice make perfect and keep to the 85% rule and leave plenty of room for other to over take you on the road, we all learn the hard way, just take your time, Good Luck Trevor

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Try the Caravan Club site at Meathop. From the M6 its nearly all dual carriageway and you will not have to negotiate the busier single carriageway roads further into the Lakes. Good luck, take it easy and you should have no problems.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Thanks !!! I'm reaaly excited but a bit nervous

But thanks to these forums ( have only been registered couple of weeks!) have picked up some really valuable tips and advice, and lots of confidence !!! thanks to you all

Shearbarn holiday park in Hastings is good for easy access and there is lots of space to get the right angle for pitching up. There is a hill to ascend just before you get to the park, but its nice and easy. Just make sure that everything in your caravan is secure for climbing the hill.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Shearbarn holiday park in Hastings is good for easy access and there is lots of space to get the right angle for pitching up. There is a hill to ascend just before you get to the park, but its nice and easy. Just make sure that everything in your caravan is secure for climbing the hill.
But Hastings is a hell of a few miles from the Lakes!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tina and Chris

I agree with Dusty about Meathop. We collected our first caravan in January last year and couldn't wait to try it out so we took it straight to Meathop because it looked an easy site to get to. We have also recently been to Troutbeck Head near Penrith which is a bit further north but also easy to access from the M6.

Hope you enjoy yourselves.

Rose

How stupid of me yesterday to suggest Hastings, I misread the message and thought that you wanted somewhere anywhere that you could practise at, that has easy access. I totally missed the bit that said Lakes. I do feel a bit stupid now. I'm just eager to help I suppose.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Michelle sara

Thanks for your help, I did say the lakes but anywhere thats easy is very welcome !!!! Thanks,(you certainly aint stupid) !!x

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts