site for london, within easy commute

Aug 7, 2009
Visit site
hello, thinking of london in november, never been before with caravan... looked at some cc sites and c&cc ones, not sure which ones are better. i want to be able to park caravan up and car, then go into london via whatever transport, but not include underground..possibly 2 days in london, definately would like to go to science and history museum, then big ben, houses of parlament, buck palace, then shopping. so just general site seeing. not bothered about going in twice,and possibly one of the days stay to look at xmas lights ..anyone any advice..thanks, steve

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
Hi Steve

CC Crystal Palace site we find the best. The No. 3 bus outside the gate into central London in about 40 mins. Run every ten minutes or so.

Brian

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
The bus into London is almost a sightseeing trip itself. Depending on where you are coming from you may have to plan your approach to the site with care to avoid the charging zone.

Mar 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi Steve,

We stayed at Wyatts Covert CC site, last year, to do London and Legoland.

There is a railway station nearby (overground) with a regular service to Marylebone.

We bought 3-day tickets which covered all the trains, underground and buses.

It was a nice site in a great location - we would have no hesitation in recommending it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

We stayed at Alderstead Heath Quite easy off of M25.

Good spacious CC site

Visited Guildford and did a few local walks

Main Reason was to visit London

Car to South Coulsden (10 mins), Parking in town not far from station

Aug 7, 2009
Visit site
thankyou mike and dean, much appreciated. i will have alook at them, thanks for the prices .....i will be coming down m1, so are any of these sites in the congestion charge thingy,(which i know nothing of) thanks again. Steve

Mar 24, 2007
Visit site
if your coming down the m1 have a look at the cc site just outside hemel hempstead it's only about 2 mins from the m1 and about 10'ish mins from the mainline train which is about 30 mins into euston

hope this helps

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
picketts lock is good near freezy waters

congestion charge start in inner london also bulls moor lane is good just of jun25 m25 tr right a10 trn right bulls moor lanego to end off road pickkets lock isnear lea vally park on a 1055 all with in tube travell (the best way to travel in london) hope this helps

Aug 13, 2006
Visit site
We've stayed at C&CC site at Chertsey twice. Great position on the Thames, you can walk to Chertsey station, or we preferred to drive about 3 miles to Weybridge station (I think it was free parking all day at weekends) and that was a quicker train service into London. Good position for Thorpe Park. Two nice pubs beside site also.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Abbey Wood done both that and crystal palace Abbey wins by a mile easy walk to the station I bought a weeks train and tube pass about 36 pound regular trains ,sites easy to get to off M25 .

one of the best club sites ive been on lots of wildlife especially squirells and foxes .

Aug 7, 2009
Visit site
thanks andy and linda, what about the congestion charge thingy, does it apply here. do you go via the qe2 bridge, sorry , from yorkshire, havent got a clue about london, driven through it to get to dover, thats about it. Steve

Jun 26, 2005
Visit site
Hi Steve,

I agree with Andy, if I go to London I now allways go to Abbey Wood ,great site ,and so close to station ,and there are shops just up the road , tried lots of London sites ,Crystal Palace,Wyatts Covert, Breakspur etc etc ,but since I went to Abbey Wood I wouldnt go anywhere else for access to London ,this year alone I have had 9 nights there in July and am back there again for new year

Baza

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts