Site in South Wales

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Can anyone tell me of a good site in South Wales for a weekend away in March it will probably be our first weekend away in our caravan, I will be going on the weekend when Wales play Ireland in the rugby hopefully for the Grand Slam so I would like somewhere where my children will be happy and my husband and I can sit down and watch the match and hopefully a Wales win!!!!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Try Riverside at Morriston near Swansea. Good clean site just off junction 45 of the M4. Close to Swansea and the Gower and ABC Caravan accessory stor just down the road near Asda - very cheap and good range of accessories available. Club house and swimming pool on site. Good luck to Both you and Wales for the GRAND SLAM. Sorry England but we are back.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There's one in Sofia Gardens Cardiff, very close for the rugby or try the one at Tredegar House Newport, about 10 miles from Cardiff, its a Caravan Club site. Has a good childrens play area in the ground of Tredegar House.

Mike

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Doubt very much you will get into Sophia Gardens as it is used for match day parking. I agree with Colin that Riverside is the best bet, it has a large screen and bar and amusements for the kids. Plenty of things to do locally and a fantastic chinese takeaway in Morriston. Failing that park your van up on Ogmore Vale Rfc ground, go to the the rugby club, get blinding drunk, try the yard of ale and experience valley rugby culture. Dont ask for me as I have got a ticket and will be in Cardiff. C'mon Wales

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Last year, in Cardiff for the Carling Cup, Sophia Park itself was used for match day parking but not the nearby caravan site which is council run and more than adequate but for some weird reason did not appear on the council accomodation web site. Book direct on 02920 398362.

The site is about ten minutes walk from the stadium - rather less,we found, with (cold) wind assistance.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Referring to my previous reply and following this weekend's rugby internationals I would suggest that you book early as there is only Scotland & Ireland to beat for the GRAND SMAM & TRIPLE CROWN to come back home to Wales where they belong. Sorry this is not directly related to caravaning but it does make good reading.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hope you found a good site in south Wales to experience the return of the Tripple Crown and Grand Slam to its rightfull owner. Even if you did pitch on the Ogmore Vale rugby ground as previously suggested I am sure you would have had a marvelous welcome in the valley - almost as good as the Garw valley welcome - well done to the Welsh team

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts