Site near Didcot, Oxfordshire - Any recommendations please?

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
We need a site for a weekend in July as we're going to visit relatives who live in Didcot on our way down to Brighton for our 2 week holiday. Can anyone recommend a decent site please? We're happy to drive for about 30 minutes or so from the site to Didcot if necessary.

We've got 3 kids who'll be aged 12, 12 and 4 so we'd like toilet & shower facilities and a bit of room to play but, as we'll be out visiting most of the time, we don't really need much more other than EHU.

We've had a look at Wellington Country Park in Reading - anyone been?

We'd consider a CL or CS (members of both clubs) as long as there was EHU and we'd just not wash for a couple of nights!(Erghhh!)

Thanks in anticipation

Claire & Rob

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
I agree Henley is handy for Didcot. Stayed at Denham C.C. site last time we visited Didcot just before Christmas, mainly for the trains into London, but that is a tedious hack to and from Didcot especially at busy times. Lincoln Farm Park, Standlake near Witney is not too far away. Overall I, like Alb, would go for Henley which is also well supplied with shops and eateries if needed.

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Thanks to you both. Just got to make sure Rob can have his holidays at work and we'll be booking. Henley looks favourite.

Claire & Rob

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Peter, Lincoln Farm Park looks wonderful - thank you!

Think we'll book it as soon as we can. Only trouble is we can only manage a weekend and we'll not want to leave!!!!

Regards

Claire & Rob

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
Peter, Lincoln Farm Park looks wonderful - thank you!

Think we'll book it as soon as we can. Only trouble is we can only manage a weekend and we'll not want to leave!!!!

Regards

Claire & Rob
Just as an aside - when I was booking into Lincoln Farm I was asked if we had a dog. I owned up to having our daughters hamster and got the immediate reply " that's alright so long as it doesn't use the swimming pool ". Nice site AND a nice sense of humour too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts