site near to Oradour-sur-Glane

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Last year, as we came back from the south of France to the ferry we stopped at a really lovely site by the side of a lake. One of the brochures I found in reception was about the Village-Oradour-sur-Glane. We had no time to visit and decided to look at it on the way down this year. I had quite spirited conversation with the site owner who didn't want to take my camping cheque - the site was also an ACSI site.
Anyway I cannot remember the name of the site and of course the camping cheques book has renumbered all of its sites - even if it is still a CC site. There are so many ACSI sites in that area - near Limoges, and quite a few CC sites.
Does anyone have a recommendation for a site near to the village as we would still like to visit. It's annoying as the site we stayed in last year was lovely; on the shore of a lake and the restaurant was one of the best we went during that trip.
Thanks

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Found it -Camping de Montreal, no longer a camping cheques site but still ACSI. It's south of Limoges tho so will not stop there on the way south but find something closer to Oradour. Will call in on the way back in June.

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
We were going to use this one last year but due to a change of plan we didn't it is either ACSI or Camping Cheques.
Hope the link works.
If it does copy and paste it to your browser.
fr

Les

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for that Les. looked at that site as it is fairly close. I see it is ACSI. Might use it unless I find a Camping Cheques site close by. Still have some cheques from last year to use.
Thanks again.

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
There is a Municipal at Confolens, wash block a bit basic, site sits on the river bank.Wife and I stayed there on a motorbike tour about 3 years ago cost us 6 euros for the night. Easy to get to Oradour from there.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts