site needed Pitlochry area

we are planning out tour of Scotland starting in April for 6 weeks, woould be grateful to hear of any sites around the Pitlochry/Blair Attoll area.

The only requirements we actually need are elec. & dog welcome.

Not too keen on the over £14 a night ones!

Thank's in advance for replies.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Margaret,

Have to agree with William.Blair Castle caravan park is top notch and is a must.Plenty of walking for the dog as well.Internet facilities if you need them.Toilet facilities are the best I have seen.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi - I can recommend a CL a bit further down from Pitlochery, but near enough to visit as we used it for that very reason last Easter.

Its Quarryhill CL, Kinloch, Blairgowrie, PH10 6SG. page 489 of the current CC handbook. Has toilets, electrics, shower, hardstandings, stunning views and lots of walks in the area. Very near Dunkeld, which was a truly lovely village/small town. This year we paid

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Janet,

The CL sounds great,so I've added that to my list.....which gets longer by the day :eek:)

That is within striking distance from home for us,so should be useful.

Maureen

May 13, 2006
Visit site
Margaret,

Milton of Fonab site, actually in Pitlochry, certainly was a very good site although We haven't been there for some years now. We found it excellent for long weekends when the kids were small and still came with us.

Rob S.

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi Margaret.

I would steer clear of Faskally. We did a tour a couple of years ago in a group of four vans. I booked the pitches months in advance and was assured that we would be all put together which was a pre-requisit as my wifes parent are disabled and require full assistance from the rest of us.

When we arrived after a long drive from Ullapool, I was told to pitch where we liked and no reference had been kept regarding the pitch requirements. We were just dammed lucky to find two pitches at the far end of the park for us and the in-laws, and the other two families had to pitch in the opposite corners of the park.

There was loud revelrous parties each night and the so called security patrol consisted of a chap in a yellow coat plonked on a deck chair outside the toilet block.

Needless to say we were glad we'd only booked two nights.

If you go Edinburgh way, I can highly recommend Linwater caravan park at East Calder. Jean the owner personally supervis's the site and is absolutely the perfect host. Pitches no problem at all right next to an absolutely prestine toilet block. Helpfull does not describe her enthusiasm that you have a good time.

I'll probably get repremanded for nameing and shameing the first one but what the heck. I don't want others to have a bad time a Scotland is realy a wonderful place to visit.

May 22, 2006
Visit site
Hi Margaret.

I would steer clear of Faskally. We did a tour a couple of years ago in a group of four vans. I booked the pitches months in advance and was assured that we would be all put together which was a pre-requisit as my wifes parent are disabled and require full assistance from the rest of us.

When we arrived after a long drive from Ullapool, I was told to pitch where we liked and no reference had been kept regarding the pitch requirements. We were just dammed lucky to find two pitches at the far end of the park for us and the in-laws, and the other two families had to pitch in the opposite corners of the park.

There was loud revelrous parties each night and the so called security patrol consisted of a chap in a yellow coat plonked on a deck chair outside the toilet block.

If you go Edinburgh way, I can highly recommend Linwater caravan park at East Calder. Jean the owner personally supervis's the site and is absolutely the perfect host. Pitches no problem at all right next to an absolutely prestine toilet block. Helpfull does not describe her enthusiasm that you have a good time.

I'll probably get repremanded for nameing and shameing the first one but what the heck. I don't want others to have a bad time a Scotland is realy a wonderful place to visit.
Sure I would steer well clear of Faskally, we called in for two nights on our way back from Scotland two years ago. We wished we had not bothered and that we had kept on driving on the road home, would definately never ever go there again even for free. Its a pity realy as Pitlochry is a very nice place.

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
Hi Margaret.

I agree with your comments re Faskally. It's popular with groups of tenting youngsters who just want to get bladdered.

Malcolm

Jan 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi Margaret.

Have to agree Blair Castle is a great site.and the toilets are

first class on a par with Ord House

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts