site next to a lake in france!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Try Lac du Liez near Langres - I reckon it's not quite ten hours from Calais, but not far of!. It has good facilities, is by a lake, has an indoor pool, good restaurant and bar, clean toilet facilities, good size pitches. Not sure what you want to do on the lake, but you can boat, fish, etc. at Liez. Another is Lac de Panthier at Vandenesse in Auxois (Burgundy). Has an outdoor pool with waterslides, and an indoor pool. There is a lovely new bar and restaurant, plenty of 'facilities' - clean and well maintained, and lots to do in the area - including the Burgundy Canal to explore by bike or boat. Both sites take Camping Cheques, so if you're going outside July/August you may benefit from reduced prices - check out Camping.cheque.co.uk for details.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Try Lac du Liez near Langres - I reckon it's not quite ten hours from Calais, but not far of!. It has good facilities, is by a lake, has an indoor pool, good restaurant and bar, clean toilet facilities, good size pitches. Not sure what you want to do on the lake, but you can boat, fish, etc. at Liez. Another is Lac de Panthier at Vandenesse in Auxois (Burgundy). Has an outdoor pool with waterslides, and an indoor pool. There is a lovely new bar and restaurant, plenty of 'facilities' - clean and well maintained, and lots to do in the area - including the Burgundy Canal to explore by bike or boat. Both sites take Camping Cheques, so if you're going outside July/August you may benefit from reduced prices - check out Camping.cheque.co.uk for details.
Thanks Val it looks a great site, did you do any fishing ,or know anything about the fishing.

Many thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Val it looks a great site, did you do any fishing ,or know anything about the fishing.

Many thanks
Sorry, can't help with the fishing. There were fishermen around but don't know what they were catching. The last time I did any fishing was for pickerel (some kind of pike thing) in Canada in 1978, when we caught loads - especially me - something to do with female hormones, the guys said - and cooked them on a barbecue. Neither of us fish, but there are definitely fish at both sites mentioned. Hope you find somewhere.

TRENDING THREADS