site open in february Devon/Cornwall, dog friendly

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
Been searching all afternoon for a site. Want to go in a couple of weekends time. Need hardstanding for van, and a nice quiet site with onsite dog walk...ideally we love forest sites (like wareham forest).

Any ideas?

Would consider Devon/Cornwall or all of the southwest.

thanks ;-)

May 29, 2006
Visit site
I would recommend Carnon Downs campsite near Truro, Cornwall beautiful hardstanding pitches, the best shower block around, dog walk on site with woody area, very central for sight seeing and easy access to get to site. What about Stowfords country park in North Devon its a big site, they have hardstanding pitches, lovely showers, a beautiful dog walk through the woods and a great takeaway! Best of luck can't wait to get away myself now got lots planned for March, April and June!

Mandy

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Hello Chelsea

Have a look on:

www.dogfriendlybritain.co.uk

There is a host of information and you should be able to get the information you need.

Good luck

Ann

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
thanks for your ideas folks.

Have put down Carnon as a possibility - just worried about road noise?

Stowford meadows - been there before - liked it. but its huge now and maybe attracts more for families (with the activites) rather than a couple with a dog looking for something quiet. I looked at their website - cant believe they call january to march "mid season" !!

Nov 3, 2006
Visit site
Hi, Stowford will not be packed at all at this time of year. It doesn't matter that they rate now as mid season, because if you look at "special offers" they do a full week, mid season, inc of EHU and 6 people for just under

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
thanks for the ideas and reassurance folks!

We have plumped for Carnon Downs. Will be going this month.

I will ask for a pitch backing onto the dog walk I think.

Sep 27, 2006
Visit site
thanks for the ideas and reassurance folks!

We have plumped for Carnon Downs. Will be going this month.

I will ask for a pitch backing onto the dog walk I think.
Hi, Chelsea

Don't ask for a pitch backing onto the dog walk at Carnon Downs, because you will get road noise as the walk runs parallel with the main road. We were there over Christmas and had pitch 21, which was an end one, so nice area for the dog to be tethered out and within close proximity to the lovely new shower block. Have a good time.

Barbara

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
Hi, Chelsea

Don't ask for a pitch backing onto the dog walk at Carnon Downs, because you will get road noise as the walk runs parallel with the main road. We were there over Christmas and had pitch 21, which was an end one, so nice area for the dog to be tethered out and within close proximity to the lovely new shower block. Have a good time.

Barbara
Barbara -

Thanks very much, we always try and get an end pitch whenever we go away anyway, so thats great. Is 21 a hardstanding pitch?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts