site or cl in forest of dean

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
Have not been there yet but going in a few weeks I believe Symonds Yat caravan park is good.

I have also heard a lot of good things about Whitemead Park run by the CSMA

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
Whitemead is really nice - we were there last Bank Holiday. Good facilities, lovely area. It's a CSMA site but available to everyone.

Jul 1, 2007
Visit site
Hi, we went to the forestry commission site at Coleford for Whitson. We stayed at the Woodlands field and that's exactly where you're located - smack bang in the middle of the forest - it was brilliant.

It's not the cheapest (our non electric pitch was

Nov 9, 2006
Visit site
I too considered the forestry commision site, but looking through the brochure and seeing they had space for some 500 pitches....!?

As its also a tenting field I wasn't too keen on staying at place that could be a scene from a wet Glastonbury.

Am I wrong?

Jul 1, 2007
Visit site
The Woodlands site doesn't allow tents and the pitches are very secluded from each other. The forestry's other site in the same area - Christchurch - is completely different. We went to have a look and there were tents and LOTS of kids yelling and charging around.

The only downside to Woodlands is that there isn't a toilet block only chemical disposal points so if you want to use a loo other than your caravan one then you have to go to Christchurch which is only a short walk away. But if you want peace,quiet and seclusion, go to Woodlands.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts