Site signage

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
We recently visited our first CC site - The Firs, nr belper. What surprised me was the number of small low road signs on corners and near to pitches etc where they could easily me ran over causing damage to outfit and site when maneuvering

I would of thought the CC should know better.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
The signs can be a problem, more so if you have a large outfit.

We usually overcome any problems by just temporarily removing the sign, particularly pitch numbers.

Now you have used one CC site Gareth, you'll know what to look out for in the future. :O)

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
Gareth,

They exist for very good reasons on all Caravan Club sites. They are easy to see and if they are in the way while pitching, remove the sign and replace it when on the pitch. Over many years in the Caravan Club i have only ever seen one caravan damaged slightly by a sign.This was at Chatsworth, member admited he was looking for a pitch and not concentrating on his driving round the tight bend in the road way.

I am sure if you use more Caravan Club sites you will get used to them as members do.Some of the pitches at the Firs are tight to get on.

Hamer

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
Gareth,

They exist for very good reasons on all Caravan Club sites. They are easy to see and if they are in the way while pitching, remove the sign and replace it when on the pitch. Over many years in the Caravan Club i have only ever seen one caravan damaged slightly by a sign.This was at Chatsworth, member admited he was looking for a pitch and not concentrating on his driving round the tight bend in the road way.

I am sure if you use more Caravan Club sites you will get used to them as members do.Some of the pitches at the Firs are tight to get on.

Hamer
You're not wrong about them being tight. The site was fully booked for the weekend. We arrived at around 6pm having had problems with traffic. There were only a couple of pitches left. Luckily one of them was big enough for our 'van. We would of struggled to get on the others

I did wonder what would of happened if non of the pitches were suitable.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts