Sites commutable to Silverstone for next year's GP.

Oct 11, 2005
Visit site
Can anyone recomment any such site(s)? Wouldn't want to stay in the circuit sites - too wild. Looking for somewhere within, say, half an hour's drive from the circuit - preferably to the west. Am CC member.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Not a site which is our cup of tea for a holiday Jeff, but for access to Silverstone, Cosgrove just north of Milton Keynes is only about a dozen miles away.

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
We live in rural Buckinghamshire not too far south of the track - and if you only want to drive for 30 minutes on race day - that'll mean pitching the van inside the track car parks then :)

But as Richard says Cosgrove is fine, but book early.

Robert

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jeff, There is a good C&CC CS at Syresham which is off the A43 west off and close to Siverstone.

Lakeside View, High Cross, Syrenham NN13 5TJ MR 152/620406 01280 850480.

I have stayed there a couple of times en route from the South coast to the North East, it is a small site in the grounds of the owners house with a small lake / pond. I am sure that they would take you as a CC member, they have never asked to see my C&CC card.

Ray

Apr 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi

You should try the sites next to the circuit, they are fantastic with a huge mix of people. Great atmosphere and you do not have the drive every day.

Also they are noisy but its not all night.

May 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

I live in Bugbrooke which is near Silverstone & Northampton.It depends on what type of site you are looking for.If you have kids and they need to be entertained in the evening or if kids & wife don't go to the race, then there is a large commercial site which if you check their website will tell you what facilities they have.They have everything.

Billing Aquadrome is the name of the site.Easy to find.Very convenient for Silverstone and Northampton.

Pat

Jul 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jeff,

If you have a look on www.silverstone.co.uk and look for accomodation > campsites, there are about 6 or 7 listed. These are not the wild sites next to the funfair and carparks but set approx 2 - 10 miles from the circuit.

I travelled up from Cornwall with our 2 children (are we there yet Dad????) this year but stayed in a hotel at Banbury, had a fantastic time. Next year we are planning to take the caravan, stay in one of the sites mentioned, then head off to Dover and drive on down to the Alpes for our Summer Holiday

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jeff

There is a CL between Nether Heyford and Weedon just off the A5 (Look on a map) Its in the country side on the canal, shops and pubs close by. I drive by it every day to take the kids to school, looks very nice but only basic. I would say about fifteen minutes from Silverstone on a normal day. Helicopters used to use a field nearby to ferry race goers to the track you could treat yourself ;-)

May 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

The cl that Martyn mentioned has also hosted rallies so if enough people wanted to go to Silverstone maybe you could get together on the one site.If you want info on that particular cl,like Martyn I live close so I could get it for you.

Pat

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts