Sites Filling Up.

Jan 22, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

Tried to book 3 nights at Bien Assise at Guines.Fully booked!

End of July.

Got Grandspette booked instead.

If your going anywhere, get it booked.

ps. Through CC.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
The Caravan Club have only a limited number of pitches available to them on each site, so it may still be possible to book directly with a site, even if the Caravan Club state that 'it's full'.

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Val is quite right. The Caravan Club only usually have a small percentage of pitches allocated to them. When they say the site is full it just means they have used up their pitches. If you really want to go to a specific site then book direct. As the prices offered to the club were negotiated last year when the pound was on a low there is not really much difference in price.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Robin

One thing I have noticed about Gandspette over the years is that the owners add regular improvements. The restaurant was extended a couple of years ago but its still worth leaving your name at reception if you want to use it that evening as it seems to get more popular each year. Perhaps its all the campers having an end of holiday treat!

David

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
We almost make Gandspette our last night - and usually book a table in the restaurant. The Civet of Porc Hesdinoise (one of their regional specialities)is absolutely delicious, as is the Carbonnade of Beef, Flanders style!

My mouth is watering now!

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
In response to Scotchlad's post, Chateau du Gandspette is at Eperleques (just north of St Omer), in the Pas de Calais region of France. It's mentioned in many guides, including Alan Rogers, the Caravan Club, Camping Cheques, ACSI and others.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Like Val, we usually stop at Gandspette on our way home, usually for two or three nights. There is plenty to do in the area: I especially recommend at visit to Castell and the oil mill there, and St Omer is definitely worth a visit, particularly if you can make the Saturday morning market. And, yes 'Porc Hesdonois' is certainly not to be missed!

Jan 22, 2008
Visit site
Hi Carolyn.

According to my dogs passport it reads

"Cabinet Veterinaire

Bleue-Masion

Dr Paulus

62910 Eperlecques

Tel:03 21 88 46 00"

Fax:03 21 88 45 10

Hope this is of some help.

TRENDING THREADS