Sites in the Burgundy Region

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Hope this question has not been asked recently, we are now planning for next June and would like to spend most of the time in the Burgundy region on perhaps four or five sites.

Camping Saint Vital, Cluny has caught our interest along with Camping Les Bouleaux,Beaune/ Camping De Troyes and Camping De Nevers.

Any suggestions/ recommendations on these sites and any others greatly appreciated.

As once pitched we prefer to walk and cycle so sites near towns and villages and access to canal and river pathways are always preferred.

Many thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
The municipal at Verdun sur le Doubs is quite good. Sits on the apex of the confluence of two rivers. Acceptable (i.e. oldish) but clean facilites, fishing, nice small town, and a farily flat ride to Chalon sur Saone about 11m south west. Very quiet - apart from the screeching of the long-eared owls that live around the site.

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
The municipal at Verdun sur le Doubs is quite good. Sits on the apex of the confluence of two rivers. Acceptable (i.e. oldish) but clean facilites, fishing, nice small town, and a farily flat ride to Chalon sur Saone about 11m south west. Very quiet - apart from the screeching of the long-eared owls that live around the site.
Many thanks Woody,

Not a site I was aware of but sounds just what we are looking for. A great way to spend a wet miserable Sunday - planning and dreaming of next years hols.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have stayed at three of the four sites you mention. The one at Beaune is very good and almost in the centre of the town. It can be very busy so best to arrive early in the afternoon. From memory most of the pitches are on gravel hardstanding. The Troyes Municipal is a little further from the centre but not far to walk. We have stayed several times. We stayed at Nevers for the first time this September. Good location on the Loire on the opposite bank from the town. Some pitches a bit tight being longer rather than wide. Bit more space lower down on near the river bank but you might need a long lead for the elctrics. Pretty easy walk into town.

David

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
We have stayed at three of the four sites you mention. The one at Beaune is very good and almost in the centre of the town. It can be very busy so best to arrive early in the afternoon. From memory most of the pitches are on gravel hardstanding. The Troyes Municipal is a little further from the centre but not far to walk. We have stayed several times. We stayed at Nevers for the first time this September. Good location on the Loire on the opposite bank from the town. Some pitches a bit tight being longer rather than wide. Bit more space lower down on near the river bank but you might need a long lead for the elctrics. Pretty easy walk into town.

David
David,

Really appreciate your response, Beaune has a lot of appeal.

Many thanks.

Wanderer.

Feb 20, 2007
Visit site
hi, I think you will find Cluny a good site , large grassy pitches, we have stayed many times, A very interesting place and lots to see and do in the area, right beside the green way , a cycle track of around 40k. Municipal pool next door, free for campers if I remember, 5 min walk into town. In the area there are caves (the underground type,not wine )lots of roman architecture, good restraunts. You would not be disappointed .Pricewise it was around 16 euros pn, clean showers/toilets, free hot water. It's a very nice part of France , on the wine trail,and I have always found a pitch without booking. - ray

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
hi, I think you will find Cluny a good site , large grassy pitches, we have stayed many times, A very interesting place and lots to see and do in the area, right beside the green way , a cycle track of around 40k. Municipal pool next door, free for campers if I remember, 5 min walk into town. In the area there are caves (the underground type,not wine )lots of roman architecture, good restraunts. You would not be disappointed .Pricewise it was around 16 euros pn, clean showers/toilets, free hot water. It's a very nice part of France , on the wine trail,and I have always found a pitch without booking. - ray
Raymond Thanks for for your comments, from what you have said "Cluny" is definitely on the agenda.

It sounds exactly what we are looking for.

Wanderer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts