sites near Bedford

Oct 30, 2006
Visit site
Hi, we have a manager coming to work at our Bedford office for the summer and he asked if I know of any sites near Bedford to stay in while he works there, monday to friday, he knows all about not saying he is working , apparantly he does it a lot, although I live in Bedfordshire , we have never stayed at any local sites so wonder if anyone had any advice.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Hello Hugh Jass,

There is a CL in Ravensden, at the bottom hill as you approach the main part of the village, does not show Electric Hook up, but it is in the CC list. Mr. Watson on 01234 771509 is the contact. This is only 10 minutes drive to the centre of Bedford, a bit longer in the rush hour, but much easier than from the other side. Only open Mar-Oct.

Also, but on the other side of Bedford is Mrs. C Barbour, Old Farm, Kempston. This does have Electric Hook up and is open all year round. Tel 01234 852623, the traffic is much heavier from this direction at rush hour, although only 10 minutes at other times.

I cannot give you a personal recommendation for either site, as I have not used them.

Best regards,

George

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Hello Hugh Jass,

I have found this one as well, only 1 miles from town centre, based at back of a pub, Sainsbury's across the road. May suffer a bit with road noise, and they do hold weddings in a large tent at the weekends, but this would not be a problem for your colleague.

The Anglers Rest

106 Clapham Road

Bedford

Bedfordshire (Browse area)

MK41 7PJ Tel: 01234 359667 Pitches: 8 Open: Open All Year

As this is a commercial site, the working situation will not be a problem.

A little further out, about 20 minutes to town centre is..

Top End Farm

Colmworth Road

Little Staughton

Bedfordshire

MK44 2BY

Tel: 01234 376426 65 Pitches c/w Electric Open: All Year Round

I got the information from the site shown below, please mention the UKCampsite.co.uk when you book or enquire!

Best regards,

George

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
try newport pagnal or ccc gulivers milton keynes also ridgemont theres a site at clophill at a pub top end farm is v good new toilet block also gratham water cc site. goerge is a bedford man so he may have some more (hi my scouse budy).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts