Sites near Coventry and Leicester

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We are thinking of a trip to combine visits to relatives and sightseeing in the Leicester and Coventry area. As well as visiting relatives sightseeing options are Warwick and Kenilworth Castles, National Space Museum, Richard 111 tour and Charnwood Forest/Bradgate Park. Has anyone any suitable sites or 5 van sites which they could recommend. Showers and loos are required.

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
C and CC site at Conkers would be ideal. Open all year with full facilities. If you go to Leicester cathedral to see the grave I suggest you take the guided tour at £5 a head. (We did one at 2.30 pm and I think there is one a day.)

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We would use the CC site at Chapel lane Birmingham. It is just off the motorway and gives easy access to the places you want to visit. It is a very large flat site with good facilities but to use it economically you do need to be a member.
The C&CC site at Kingsbury Water Park would also work well. A long time since we were there so cannot say what it is like now.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi Other Clive if its not too late then I suggest a site at Meriden. Somers Road Its called Somers Wood Caravan Park.This a Peach of a site .Its one you shouldnt tell your friends about.The downside is its an Adults only site . Its also situated near to the place you mention. also adjacent to a golf course and a lake www.somerswood.co.uk. Toilet and showers extremely clean and tidy and very modern. It gets 10 out of 10 from me .
Sir Roger

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
If you wish to 'do' Richard III then you can buy a joint ticket for entry to the battlefield and Leicester exhibition. I would be inclined to visit in that order, the Battlefield Centre gives a good overview, introductory displays and there are AV posts as you walk round the field itself. The story of finding the burial site under an R (reserved) in a car park and the battle history itself is fascinating and both exhibitions interesting. On a weekday you can use the P&R by J 21 for the 20 min ride into the Leicester city. It terminates adjacent the Holiday Inn and then a 5 minute walk to the Exhibition Centre which is immediately opposite the cathedral as mentioned above. Out of peak the P&R is 3.50 return per car group, or £1 each for concession card holders, but no service on Sundays. (I happen to live locally and have no connection with any of the services mentioned!)
Sounds like you could submit a 'weekender' article for the magazine when you've';e done!

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Whetstone Gorse LE8 6LX would seem to be the ideal location as it is situated near the MI M69 junction
They do have a web site whetstonegorse.co.uk. It is open all year
There is also a park and ride at Enderby.
Our friends stay there in their motorhome when they come to visit

If you go to the Space Center do check if the Abbey Pumping station is open (It is on the same site) This is a wonderful example of Victorian engineering.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts