Sites near Eden Project

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a site within walking/cycling distance of the Eden Project in Cornwall?

CL/CS sites would be fine if they have WC/shower facilities.

Thanks in advance.

Ron

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
CC site at Merrose Farm. They used to sell Eden tickets in the office, and it's a great place for the rest of the holiday with a good walk to the beach, other places to visit e.g. St Just in Roseland. Probably heavily booked school holidays though

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ooops, this doesn't meet you request for walking distance and may be a bit of a trek on a bike (but still a good place)

Go on the CC site and search the CL section on line.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
We stayed here in March 2006 .....

http://www.oldkerrowfarmholidaypark.co.uk/
and the owners I believe were new and still working on the site. I see on their website, although they will take caravans if they have their own facilities, they are closed until April 1st for refurbishment.

The toilet disposal in 2006 was a bit archaic and if on the bottom of the site a good uphill walk. I just hooked the WasteMaster to my tow hitch and drove there to empty it. I would think in the last four years they've upgraded that now as it seems they are doing to the shower block.

It is 4 miles from the Eden Project but if going into St. Austell or Mevagissey it's a good uphill slog cycling back to the site.

There are 30 reviews here if you click the link but the site kept freezing when I tried it ...

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=5980

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for your replies. If anyone is interested I have found two sites within a few miles of the Eden Project: Eden Valley Caravan Park, for which I have found one poor review, and Mena Farm Caravan and Camping Site, which has no reviews. The latter should fit the bill for a couple of nights.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I concur re Merrose Farm.

Might be a drive to Eden but loverly coast and lots of what appear cycle friendly roads eg to Port Scatho and beyond.We enjoyed St Mawes and Mevagissey to

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Can't recommend a site near the Eden Project as Par Sands is now static only. However we stayed at St Agnes Beacon CC site and drove to Bugle (4 miles from Eden) where there is a lovely cycle route/walk which takes you directly to the project.

A little tip, if you cycle or walk to the Eden Project, you will get in significantly cheaper - is certainly worth it. One of my favourite visitor attractions.

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
We intend cycling to the project from the site I have mentioned. Do you know what storage facilites they have for the bikes? Do we simply lock them up with a chain?

Cheers, Ron

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Bike racks are provided near to the car parks, but it is still a fair walk into the visitor centre from there. The bike racks are also in the open, so good locks will be required. Road down into the car parks is very steep and you cycle on the footpath/cycle path - not the road as very busy, take care crossing it!! Legs will be tired after walking round project all day and walking back uphill to bike racks later, then further uphill back to road!

Have a good time.

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
Croft Farm nr Luxulyan. 1 mile from the Eden Project. It has park homes on site but also takes tents and tourers. Very quiet and walking distance to Eden and also a good village pub.

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
Croft Farm nr Luxulyan. 1 mile from the Eden Project. It has park homes on site but also takes tents and tourers. Very quiet and walking distance to Eden and also a good village pub.
Thanks Denise. This one looks the best bet. Fortunately I haven't booked anything yet, so will give them a ring.

Ron.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts