sites near to a brewery

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
I don't know of any sites Barney but your post did bring a smile to my face, a site next to a brewery, bliss.

I've got a mental picture in my head of a pipe running from the brewery into the aquaroll :eek:)

Jun 5, 2005
Visit site
Barney

Haven't been myself but believe the Plassey Leisure Park has a brewery on site that either does tours or at least lets you sample the stuff

Gill

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Barney,

What with the hoo-ha a request for adults only; no dogs; all dogs; no 4 x 4's; twin axles or whatever causes I am surprised you have not been hung, drawn and quartered by some wine only/gin and tonic only/lemonade for afters only/ do as we do brigade.

Perhaps C.A.M.R.A. can supply a list of breweries which would help you locate suitable sites.

And if you do draw up a list do share it.

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
Not beer I know but I can reccomend Hereford there is the cider museum and I went on an excellent tour of the Bulmers plant a few years back (it was followed by a tour of the Morgan plant at Malvern - good if you can still do it).

Loads of other stuff in the surrounding area too.

I also believe there are some excellent sites and CLs in the locality too including Lucksall.

You have made me want to go back there now!

G

If you fancy a continental beer or two cross the palms of Norfolk line with a few groats and no doubt Rob Jax can advise on a site near or around Leuven in Belgium.

The only place I've come across where they have specific companies running brewery trips to the many that are there.

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Euro and Barney

Not a bad idea, Stella Artois (Leuven) is considerably different to the Luton brewed stuff in the UK, but I'd actually recommend Chimay (web-site http://event.chimay.com/en/010101.php) if you want to melt your brain.

But why not visit Brugge (Bruges), at least one of the bars has 365 different beers.

I'd recommend:

Black Sheep and Theakston (Masham)

Sam Smiths and John Smiths (Tadcaster) - any of the York CC sites

Cropton Brewery (Pickering)

Hook Norton (Hook Norton) - any of the Cotswold CC sites

Chiltern Brewery (Wendover) - walk from our UK home

Greene King (Bury St. Edmunds) - Houghton Mill CC (but not exactly close - probably find closer)

And the Scotch Whisky Research Association (Glasgow) unfortunately not open to the public - but was a great introduction to all of the independent distilleries - especially my favourite island distilleries - and sampling the different years.

And Barney, I guess you've already visited the Dent Brewery?

Robert

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Batemans brewery at Wainfleet(near Skegness) do tours. Their beers are award winning but an aquired taste according to some people.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Barney, how about whisky instead? The Bladnoch distillery at Wigtown, Dumfries, has a CL inside the grounds, with tours and tastings.The CL is worth a visit in it's own right too.

Jul 20, 2005
Visit site
Garry's suggestion of Hereford is a good one - there are 2 beer festivals in the summer. One is held at the Rowing Club but I can't remember which weekend and the other is at The Barrells on August BH weekend. The Barrells is the pub outlet for the Wye Valley Brewery & has excellent guest ales and a few ciders. Pub is in the city, but the brewery is at the old Symonds Cider (later part of Bulmers) works at Stoke Lacy. Lucksall, Bromyard Downs or various CLs are probably nearest.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts