Sites with good transport links

Jan 26, 2009
Visit site
My parents want to use my caravan. They're in their early '80s, have no car and can't walk far. I'd like to find sites within 1´ - 2hrs of Edinburgh that have good transport links to shops etc for them to use. Any suggestions?

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
The Caravan Club site at Edinburgh always seems to get favourable comments here, though never been myself, and I think buses for the city go from the gates. Give the wardens a call for details 0131 312 6874 or look it up on the C.C. website.

Feb 26, 2007
Visit site
Hi Doris,

The Caravan Club site at Melrose might suit your parents.They only have to walk out the gate & they are in the High Street with a good selection of shops.

Around the corner from the High Street,there are bus stops for a variety of places.

Jan 26, 2009
Visit site
Hi Doris,

The Caravan Club site at Melrose might suit your parents.They only have to walk out the gate & they are in the High Street with a good selection of shops.

Around the corner from the High Street,there are bus stops for a variety of places.
Thanks Maureen, sounds just the business.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

Melrose is a lovely site, and its a beautiful town. Another suggestion would be Moffat, its also a couple of minutes to Town from site and its a lovely town. There is a pub/restaurant a minute from the site that sells lovely meals, a really nice park for a walk if the weathers nice and the town has some lovely dinky shops especially the sweety shop. Im sure either site would suite your parents. I hope they have a nice time.

Audrey X

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
I agree that Caravan Club site at Edinburgh is ideal with a bus stop at the gates direct into the city - its reasonable price and frequent service well into the night - the only down side is that the local shops are a fair walk or bus ride away - the Melrose site is also ideal with buses near the entrance and shops in the town just down the road but nearest large supermarkets are in Galashiels

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts